How to build a low-buck Fixie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSCN4455.JPG

Sure, why not? This BSA was on the wall of Coopersmith Brewing in Fort Collins, CO a few years ago.

BamaSlayer.jpg

A friend of mine had his fixed gear Surly Steamroller ripped off late last year. This was assembled from parts I had on-hand (exept for the cog, lockring and chain) and gifted to him about a month ago. He hit me up about a week ago and said he misses his Steamroller, but loves this bike and especially the fact that it's faster than his Steamroller was. The theme/paint job were a collaboration between his g/f and me.

Well, if every stop means two times in Ontario Canada, he might have my pic. One of the shows (with ANTHRAX!!) a guy got kicked out, and tried to swim across the harbor in downtown Toronto to get back in. Highly NOT recommended!

The next time I see him around, I'll ask. He was kind of a pauper when we met about five years ago and I'd see him walking all over town. He's a pretty tall cat, so I modded up a 1986 Schwinn Super Sport that was a bit too small for me and put him on it. He still has it, even though he now has a nice car and is no longer a pauper. I expected to see him at Graveyard/Opeth when they were in Denver a couple of months ago, but the place was packed. Lotsa tall metalheads in Denver.

Latest posts

Back