How old are you!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
38... married, 2 girls and a boy due in Feb.

always loved bikes and rode whatever i could afford or buy at toys r us, never in to anything other than sports, video games and computers [ and girls ] growing up. wasnt a "bike kid" other than riding for hours and hours in brooklyn and staten island.

now i love any bike made before 1960 ... and still ride for hours and hours :)

50. Always been a casual biker. Never liked spandex or weird shoes. Great way to scratch the itch to restore/build/fab/paint/etc. and stay off the couch.

I'm 18 an currently taking full advantage of it. I ride my bikes every day (to school, to the beach, to peoples' houses, etc...) and always have something new to come up with, or build. I always hear my grandpa say "years go buy fast, enjoy being young"

I surf often and really enjoy talking to people 40 and up because I really enjoy listening to how different times were when they were kids, and most of them are pretty mature.

I try to hang around people a lot older than me, because people in my age are into some crazy stuff, and I'm not into electronics unless its point-to-point soldering tweed covered tube amps.

-Jon

That is awesome! Sounds just like me minus the surfing.. I'm 22 and been messing with bikes since I was prolly 10. I'm always hanging around people older but more 50+. It's nice to see people even younger than me keeping hobbies like this going, there is hope!

Jon

20141009_111430.jpg
48. Bikes have been in my blood since the day I learned to ride my yellow Ross muscle bike. BMX during its explosion in the 70's, mountain bikes 80's and 90's, road bikes early 2000. Still riding. Eat, sleep and live bikes. Everyday.
P.s. I also unicyle.

Last edited:
That is awesome! Sounds just like me minus the surfing.. I'm 22 and been messing with bikes since I was prolly 10. I'm always hanging around people older but more 50+. It's nice to see people even younger than me keeping hobbies like this going, there is hope!

Jon
You're 22 and joined in 2006... You were 14 when you joined, that awesome dude..

-J Wolf

34. Most of my riding right now is based around my 5 year old. Other than going out with him I'll just go ride around town a couple times a week after dinner.
I rode bikes a lot until I was about 20. Had the usual stuff as a kid. I did have some kind of black banana seat bike with a black seat and black knobby tires. It was cool because no one else had stuff like that at the time. my buddy and I had some women's tank bikes we picked out of the trash, put old mountain bike tires on them from the pile behind the bike shop. We used to ride them around town and on some trails. I was into mountain bikes maybe from 14-20. Nothing crazy though. Had a trek 820 and a gt outpost I bought both new and just sold them this year.
I always wanted a tank bike with fenders, rack, light, funky chainguard... I'll probably always "want" one I'm not willing to spend what people want for them.

26 and fed up of being told bikes are for kids... I'm still 15... Honest...

Always ridden, always have and hopefully always will :D

From Tapatalk on this stoopid iPhone...

Latest posts

Back