How old are you!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
53 soon to be 54. Been riding since I was about 4 or so. Last 6 years riding a Sirrus street bike and my wife always shakes her head when I put on my Sponge Bob socks! Cracks me up. Just got the bug to try something different and found RRB. In the process of changing from one hobby, RC scale 4x4 trucks, to this new one. Plan to build and paint to match a stretch for me and a mini chopper for my grandson.

tazman said:
53 soon to be 54. Been riding since I was about 4 or so. Last 6 years riding a Sirrus street bike and my wife always shakes her head when I put on my Sponge Bob socks! Cracks me up. Just got the bug to try something different and found RRB. In the process of changing from one hobby, RC scale 4x4 trucks, to this new one. Plan to build and paint to match a stretch for me and a mini chopper for my grandson.

R/C scalers! Cool, that's an awesome hobby. I subscribe to some scale R/C 4x4 channels on youtube so that I can Oooo and Ahhhh everytime they build something new. I like R/C rock crawling, but never had the money to go into it seriously.

Depends on when you are reading this. If it's 2 months from now I'm 50. I'm retired so I guess that automatically makes me old. I now get stuff from the AARP in the mail. Being a Father of 1 and Grand-Father of 3 tends to age you quickly but I hang out with people like Dangratsdan who keep me feeling young.

P1010531.JPG

I'm 40, no kids. I love all kinds of bikes, I just got a 'cross bike to commute on, rode it three times and came up with tendinitis in my ankle. No more ride. :cry: Build instead I guess.

41 still goin' on 22.

I wanted to get myself in better shape; so I bought a Sting-Ray almost exactly one year ago.
My car has been off the road; so I've been riding a lot more....but I'm still tinkering more than anything else... 8)

I'm 31, got back into messing with bikes a few years, kinda have gone over board, love the muscle bike and BMX stuff, nearly done with a couple muscle bikes for the wife and I, wonder how many weird looks we'll pulling our son around in a bike trailer with that old "junk"

Yikes....54 already. :shock:

I've always enjoyed bikes but have a bad knee so I don't ride like I used too. However, this is a great hobby and I enjoy displaying my bikes almost as much as riding them.

ozzmonaut said:
Well, I'm about to be 33, but going on 80. Type 1 diabetes... nuff said.
I feel for ya,Buddy. I have had diabetes since I was 23,Im 56 tomorrow. Recently was put on a insulin pump, and my health is getting waaay better,fast. Tough to get used to a little machine that wakes ya up at all hours to tell ya if ur up, or down, or lost signal with the transmitter, but its a way to live, not die a diabetic.. I lead a pretty normal life, and am real active at work and play. Hope ya make it better,Oz.
My last A1C was 6.7, down from 8.8. My doctor was amazed!

deven_science said:
I am 38, as of today

Dude, I turned 38 on the 26th! Cool.

I started with bikes as a boy scout, we did an annual bike sale where we'd fix up unclaimed bikes from the PD and I was the main mechanic (I was about 12). Did road bikes in college, then got married and left the bikes behind for a while. Two years ago, I started riding again, lost 40 pounds commuting to work, and then a year ago got hit by a car. I've worked back up to about 50 mile rides, but since I can't ride to work anymore, I don't get nearly as much riding in as I'd like. Got a titanium femur and a bunch of nice scars out of it, though!

Latest posts

Back