How do i remove OLD stickers?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a chrome magna BMXA frame that I want to be stickerless. They are old and only want to peel off in small pieces. Its very frustrating. Ive done this many ways but im outs resourses. I don't have a heat gun, no hair dryer, no wd40 and no scotch pad. Any help would be great.

if you are close to a st. vinnies or a goodwill you should be able to come up with a hairdryer for a buck or two. Well worth it as heat helps soften up the glue. Otherwise maybe use a light bulb or heat lamp?

If you don't have WD40 the normal white spirit will do. Sorry to state the obvious, but it would be kind of handy to get WD40 or a dryer though :)
What could also work is hot water. Try to pour some water from the kettle some other place on your bike first, to make sure it won't destroy the paint, if it does then let it cool down a little until you find the optimal temperature. Then pour it over stickers, they should shrink and the glue should soften.

A razor scraper like this works well to lift the stickers.
91a0e82d-4c21-4e68-9174-5d398a1a96bb_1000.jpg

I found some wd40 now what?
Apply it to stickers, it should soften the glue. If it would be able to get in between sticker and frame then it's an easy thing, you can help it to happen by peeling the corners of the sticker a little while applying WD40. If no, then you take a sponge or a rag and start rubbing and scraping over the sticker while adding more WD40 if necessary, then the sticker should come off as well after some time. Hope it works fine for you!

Boiling water.

Razor blade, no scraping with the blade. Slowly push the blade around the tube diameter.

Gasoline, mineral spirits, acetone, rubbing alcohol etc will soften and remove the remaining sticker residue.

Latest posts

Back