HotRodGirl

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Decided to do a build-off bike with my daughter. So in order to keep her interested, we are doing a 49' CCM ladies balloon tire 26" for my wife. Kinda slow on the start and I still have to get it out of storage this week but we'll get there. She's pretty pumped to get started.
Bikes2085.jpg

Is that a CCM Victoria? I have one coming to me very soon from my favorite Canadian and I can't wait to get started on it. Well after I finish my Huffy Galaxie of course lol. Of all the girl's frames though, the Victoria is my favorite..love those long curvy lines. I'm going to keep the 700c wheels on her though, I found some beautiful cream tires from electra that will be put on her as well.
Good luck!

Thanks for the comments everyone. As far as I know it's not a Victoria, although it looks just like yours Gerry. Its original paint and there is no evidence of Victoria badging anywhere. As for the wheels they are not for sale.....yet :wink: I hope I can make Ontario proud on this build.

Victoria is the name I gave my bike. It was never a CCM model, that I know of anyways. The "Victoria" on my bike's chainguard was painted by me. Rob's bike is a rare balloon tired version of that bike. (Mine was a 28 inch wheeled roadster converted to 26 inch). Explanation over, proceed with build. :)

I don't want to highjack this thread, but the first bike pictured in your reply Diva is the one I built and the name "Victoria" was painted there by me. You can call them that if you want, but they were never named that by CCM. I gave the bike the name Victoria because that frame design dates back to the Victorian era. Once again, proceed with build :)

p.s. I am kinda flattered that people might think my brush work is factory issue.

Well color me confused! lol Ok then what model is your bike? All this time I'm thinking I had a Victoria coming to me based on that pic. The bike I'm getting is the same bike that you have and now it remains a mystery as to the model.

RatRod Diva said:
Well color me confused! lol Ok then what model is your bike? All this time I'm thinking I had a Victoria coming to me based on that pic. The bike I'm getting is the same bike that you have and now it remains a mystery as to the model.
From what my CCM book says, if it has the 26"x2" tire it is a balloon. If 26"x 1 1/4" or 1 3/8 it is a Collegiate. Hope this helps but we'll know better once you get it and post some pics. And hey that confused me too, Gerry's bike is pretty convincing, just goes to show he knows what he's doing. :D

Hey Rob I'm going to follow Gerry's example here and not clog up your thread with my questions. I will say that I'm thrilled there is another girls bike in the contest (I think that makes 3) and I'm sure it will be great. I really am looking forward to seeing what you do with her and good luck!

That's totally fine with me.

This time around I am building a Rat-Fink themed Roadmaster...(amongst a couple others of both those categories)... but I don't see anything wrong with any of that. There are so many ways to build that even "the same" comes out vastly different. I'll be interested to see where yours goes, and whatever level of tribute, if any, comes as an honour.

Well I managed to have some time today with my partner to dismantle the bike and start striping the paint. Having trouble getting the stem out of the fork. I don't want to wreck that fork cause ccm womans ballooner forks are impossible to find, especially with a 10 1/4" steer tube :shock: I guess we'll let it soak with wd40 over night and try again tomorrow. Thats enough for today though since the rain forced us inside.
Bikes3147.jpg

Bikes3124.jpg

Bikes3125.jpg

Bikes3133.jpg

Bikes3137.jpg

Bikes3123.jpg

Bikes3142.jpg

Bikes3145.jpg

Latest posts

Back