Hot Rod Higgins - DONE. In the finished forum

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Rod Higgins - Done for now. First trophy pics

Oneuglybike said:
Does the light work? I have a similar one, but I am unsure on how to make it work. :cry:
No it doesn't work just yet. I plan to tear into it and see what I can come up with. There are a couple of good threads on wiring up LEDs so Im going to give it a go.

Thanks for the good words guys. Seriously, I appreciate the feedback.

Wow, that bike is great! Unfortunately the trophy removes your "amateur" status and you are no longer eligible for voting on here, per sub-rule #14.1b. :wink:

I forsee big numbers for you sir.

yoothgeye said:
Wow, that bike is great! Unfortunately the trophy removes your "amateur" status and you are no longer eligible for voting on here, per sub-rule #14.1b. :wink:

I forsee big numbers for you sir.

Yeah, I'm a pro! :lol: Seriously, half the time I have no idea what I'm doing and the other half I've got my eyes closed hoping for the best. But, I've never let that stop me 8)

You know, If one person likes what I'm doing and votes for me, I'll be happy!

Sweet Bike! Congrats on the well deserved trophy. Sure to be in the top rank in this build off! 8)

Well deserved trophy!!!!
That bike is awesome to say the least!!!!

Definitley a winner! :D Great build! 8) 8)

rusty513 said:
Terry, what size & make of tires did you go with on this build?

Hey Mark...they are Felt Thick Brick 24X3. They are a pretty cool tire if you ask me.

Here is another pic of the bike at the Rat Riders show in Cincy. It really shows the bike well. In case you guys missed it Rusty513 is selling a nice Higgins frame/springer on the For Sale forum. If I wouldn't have just finished a HIggins build, I would be all over it. My springer was about that rusty and it's amazing what some sanding and silver metallic spray paint can do! :lol:

black20.jpg

So, I am still tinkering with the Higgins, but I started my next project tonight. Building a '71 Schwinn Lil Tiger for my grandson. He is 18mos old, so it won't be too long.

tiger1.jpg

That looks like a pretty sick chopper trike you beat out in the background too.
Bravo!

kingfish254 said:
That looks like a pretty sick chopper trike you beat out in the background too.
Bravo!

Man, that chopper trike is sick. Has a real "Munsters" feel to it. Maybe Mark has a pic of it from the show. It is a SUPER slick build. It's been around the local shows for a couple of years, so maybe that was playing against it....That guy has several REALLY nice bikes. I have a photo studio in town and I would love to have that trike for an afternoon of shooting.

Peatbog said:
Hey, just everyone remember, I already called dibs on this bike!! When he gets sick of it and wants to throw it away, it's mine.*

*In my dreams.

Yeah, I am guessing this one isn't going anywhere soon. Sorry bro! Beside, you already have the coolest 20" wheelie bike I have ever seen! You know, I have a real hard time letting go of any bike. I have sold a grand total of ONE vintage bike and I still regret it. Heck, I regretted it about 5 seconds after I handed it over. :? I think bikes are an addiction. I did manage to clear out a couple boxes of parts this spring, so maybe I am not a complete addict.

Peatbog said:
I know what you mean. I keep building stuff to sell, but never sell any of it. I am running out of space. Good thing I only have enough money for bikes and not cars.

Oh and thanks for the comment on the wheelie bike. First one I built of those, so I'm keeping it. D'oh! See what I mean.

Dude, I was talking to my wife about that same thing today. If I could afford to collect cars, we would SO be in trouble. Tell you what, if you're ever in SW Ohio, bring the bike with you. You can ride my Higgins if I can pull a couple wheelies on your bike! :lol:

I want to see you pop a couple of wheelies on your Higgins!!!
Have Fun!

Nice Higgins build. I especially like the "Grumpys Speed Shop", graphic. I am "Grumpy" to my grandkids.

this bike is too cool for school .. great job and congrats on the trophy

Absolutely stellar build!! Your vision came through perfectly. You've already won!! What a great feeling it must have been to finish a bike the night before a show and then take home Best Custom honors!! My hat is off to you sir.

black20.jpg

Hot Rod Higgins - Done for now. First trophy pics

ndaway said:
This bike is amazing :shock:

X2....freaking awesome bike.

Latest posts

Back