Hope to Find Year of Delmar/Simmons

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found an old skiptooth at a ranch near my home. Well preserved in a shed with pigeons.

Its a Delmar by Simmons Hardware. Found some good information here yet I've been unable to zero in on a date of manufacture.

I'm guessing its mid to late 1930s but would like and exact date if anyone can help.

From what I see stamped on the bottom bracket... I'm guessing...

H1 (top row)
1755T (bottom row)

Thanks in advance.

delmar1.JPG

delmar2.JPG

delmar3.JPG

delmar4.JPG

delmar5.JPG

delmar6.JPG

Definitely Colson, tell by the forks and double bar frame and Delmar badge. I think it's H7, which would be H=August, 7= 1937. Don't quote me, but nice find either way. Cleaned up nicely.

Thank you very much for the date, kirkpatrick. When you say Colson... you mean Colson was the factory and made the bike for Delmar (and they did the same for other hardware stores, with different badges)?

Still working on the bike. I was able to get the chain supple. The stem and seat post came out easily - a rare deal for me on these beasts. Even the axle adjusters are straight and screw in/out. I think I'll leave the seat as is as I like the shreaded look.

delmar7.JPG

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the date, kirkpatrick. When you say Colson... you mean Colson was the factory and made the bike for Delmar (and they did the same for other hardware stores, with different badges)?

Still working on the bike. I was able to get the chain supple. The stem and seat post came out easily - a rare deal for me on these beasts. Even the axle adjusters are straight and screw in/out. I think I'll leave the seat as is as I like the shreaded look.

delmar7.JPG
Yeah buddy! Colson is the manufacturer, Simmons hardware was here it was sold. I'm no expert, but this helped out, http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/bicycle-manufacturers-vs-bicycle-badges.95206/

Latest posts

Back