HOOLIGAN "New Shoes" And A Fresh New LOOK

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Streched OCC chopper hooligan

You hit the nail on the head with the pieces of pipe thats excatly what I was planning.The oval pipe is a neat idea but I was only able to salvage the 9" I used on my frame or I would have streched it a little more without moving the seat back.The white walls are painted with rattle can I know that sounds Ghetto but it works great,I did this on a ratrod Goped Bigfoot I bulit a few years back and it worked good,the trick is to use good paint and only enough paint to cover {like two thin coats} and it works without cracking all over...I rode the Goped for over a year before I sold it and the tires looked as good as the day they were done! :mrgreen:
Fireproof said:
I like yer idea of putting those holes there! 8)
My suggestion would be, first cut the hole(s), then, weld in a short section of tube and grind it flush. I bet you were already planning to do that weren’t ya? :p
Lookin’ at those frames you cut up, you could use some of that oval tube instead of making round holes and you will have something even more unique. :wink:
Now, please tell how you made the white walls, okay?

Time for body work!
bikebodywork.jpg

Looks cool 8) Love those fat whitewalls :mrgreen:

Hey guys thanks for all the encouragment and nice comments :D Well I decided not to do the port holes in the frame but I did peak the bottom tube,here it is in primer.It is really straight but the camera angle gives a optical illusion....
bikepeak.jpg

Re: Streched OCC chopper hooligan [DONE]

Well here it is I hope you all like it as much as I do!!!!!!The only other thing I might add to it some ratty pinstriping! :mrgreen:
bikeblack1.jpg
bikeblack.jpg
bikeblackfront.jpg
bikeblackge.jpg
:D
The paint is a combo of Satin Black,frame,forks and Gloss black,handlebars,tank,cranks,wheels.....This has been a really fun project it rides great too!

Too kool for skool :mrgreen: Really like the color combo :wink:

After the final assembly the family and I went on a nine mile ride and it went smooth with no problems!The best part is I put less than 80 dollars in this whole build,gotta love that! :mrgreen:

I used the reflector bracket on the rear wheel for a shout out to RRB and the bike name on the back side check it out...
bikerat3.jpg
bikehooligan.jpg
:roll: I know a coaster brake wouldnt tear all the paint off my wheels and probably work better but I was on a budget,maybe in the future. :lol:

i love the "anti-reflector" idea! very creative. 8)

Just another pic! :mrgreen:
bikedirt.jpg

Fireproof said:
Whoa, Fatboy! That looks cool! 8)
Nice work!
Thank You, but it doesnt compare to the work you have done to your tribute chopper!

Looking good man ! Love that fat whitewall you put on the rear.

Thanks fellas for the nice comments! :D Ive been riding this for a few weeks and I love it.Every where we ride people like it and keep offering to buy it ! 8) Im glad I decided to build my own. :mrgreen:

Took the Hooligan and my scooter to the local car show today and people seem to like them as much as I do!
DSC00018.jpg
DSC00020.jpg

that really turned out great!! how'd you do the whitewalls? they look awesome!!

scrumblero said:
that really turned out great!! how'd you do the whitewalls? they look awesome!!

The white walls are just a couple thin coats of rattle bomb,sounds ghetto but works great!Here are some new pics...
hooligansun.jpg
hooligansun2.jpg

Re: HOOLIGAN "Giving MotorCycle tires a try"

After seeing all you guys putting MC tires on your bikes I thought a set of Front and rear MC tires would look good on the Hooligan.I went to a MC shop and they had about 60 used tires laying out back up for grabs.I picked up a Harley WW MV/85/B16,a Metzler 140/90/16 both rear and two front tires Metzler 100/90/19 ,90/90/21.I tried the WW rear tire, if fits the Occ wheel but Ill need to make the dropouts longer,worry about chain clearence,And man these tires are REALLY HEAVY maybe 5 times the OCC tire!That would be alot of rolling resistance if I used the MC set.I think ill leave the Hooligan the way it is and use the MC tires on a future build.As far as the front goes the 19"tire is to small to fit the 24" wheeland the 21" is to big...so much for that idea....But I still think a matching set of MC tires on a bike would be cool 8)

Latest posts

Back