HOOLIGAN "New Shoes" And A Fresh New LOOK

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im building a streched occ chopper I call hooligan...I streched the frame 9",added a beach cruiser bottom tube as my top tube.put a front end off a wcc jesse james bike as well as gas tank.modified handle bars off a bmx bike,relocated seat post off of swingarm and the rest is still to come.I cant decide if I want to use a 24" or 26" front wheel...I like looking at all the member photos for ideas there are many creative folks on here!Ill post pics as soon as I figure it out...
bike.jpg
bike2.jpg

Re: Streched OCC chopper hooligan

Nice work. I like the look and I think 24in in front is my choice.
That raw look I like too. 8)

Don't most choppers use a bigger front wheel than the rear??? So maybe the 26" one would be good.

Thanks for the help!Here are a couple pics of the seat I was making this afternoon...
bikeseat.jpg
bike-1.jpg

g-ratter said:
Don't most choppers use a bigger front wheel than the rear??? So maybe the 26" one would be good.
Your right and That is a 20in rear so a 24in front would still be bigger. Just sayin :wink:

Proly one of the best builds ive seen using these frames >.<
Keep up the good work!

Well I thought you might like to see what donors I used to make this...
bikedonor.jpg
donors.jpg
@ Fireproof the chopper your building for your daughter inspired me to stretch this one,you are a talented fabricator !

SO today I did some more welding and got it into a roller and took it for the first ride!This thing rides sweet I couldnt have hoped it worked any better,how rewarding.
bikeseatwelded.jpg
bikeroller.jpg
:mrgreen:

Went on a seven mile shake down ride to Avila with my family today and the bike rode sweet!Notice the bed roll had tools just incase...Might change the handle bars ,mine are a little bent but other than that I had permagrin the whole ride ! :D I love when people do a double take this thing turned some heads..
momspics135.jpg

Here is a fender im working on im not sure if I like it...Tell me what you think...
bikefender.jpg

Thanks for the comp, FatBoy! :D
I'm glad your shake-down run went well! I was thinking that if you added 9" to the frame, you bike is just about the same size as my Schwinn Spoiler, but then I see that your seat post is now back a couple inches also . . . that baby should be nice and roomy! 8)
About the fender, we might reshape the fender tip slightly on our bike. A talented, award-winning custom bike builder (Greg66)told us to weld 1/8" steel rod around the edge of the fender to finish it off . . . makes it stronger too!

(BTW, keep the 24" front!)

Aww, I thought I was going to have the longest chain with my stretch. :mrgreen: I very much prefer the WCC front end to the OCC but I do want that extra 1.25 inches in the rear tire and the rear brakes. I have seen a motored combo of the two frames and it's almost like you can't go wrong. Nice bike all around. I don't care for the point on the fender but it looks right on with what you can watch being built on the TV shows of the current top motorcycle builders. I am trying to keep mine a more dated looking. But to each their own. Is your bed roll really just that, a cloth wrapped around tools tied to the bars? I remember seeing a handlebar bag at Wally Mart last summer and passing by thinking that was silly for the common cyclist. Now I have my stretched bike and would like to carry a few tools and can't find a cheap handlebar bag. Everything is highend leather or built and priced for a real motorcycle. Can't even find a trace of the one I saw. I know it was around $15 and tan but it was unsealed and would have dyed easily.

Nice bike! I think that a 24" front tire is the way to go. But then again, that's just my opinion. Whichever would looks (and rides) better to you. But I like the way your fender looks! 8)

@anticonformity I love the work you and your father are doing I know its a ton of welding and grinding,Great job!
Well I finished the wheels and tires I couldnt choose red or black so I flipped a coin and black won and im pleased with the way it looks...Still not sure how im doing the fender id like a full length tail dragger but nothing in the front so a shorty in the back would prabably fit the build better.I stuck with the 24" front wheel but it can always change...Thanks for all the intrest fellas and ladies Im lovin this site always something new to look at! :lol:
biketire.jpg
biketires.jpg

@Devils toupe yes the bed roll is a shop rag with the necessary tools for a quick fix..My wifes panama jack came with a nice leather looking handle bar bag but im not sure there sold seperatley..Your WCC chopper is looking good as well!
So heres another pic :arrow:
biketires-1.jpg

Sooooooo heres a idea I cant seem to leave alone,Port holes im not sure if i should do 2,3,or 1 bigger one.......aAll advice is appreciated!
bikeportholes.jpg

I like yer idea of putting those holes there! 8)
My suggestion would be, first cut the hole(s), then, weld in a short section of tube and grind it flush. I bet you were already planning to do that weren’t ya? :p
Lookin’ at those frames you cut up, you could use some of that oval tube instead of making round holes and you will have something even more unique. :wink:
Now, please tell how you made the white walls, okay?

Latest posts

Back