Hog Boys Boardtracker (Ex-Villiers)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Villiers board tracker

Come on Hoeha, it's not the coolest thing! It looks like a waterpump engine :lol:
It's not embarassing but it can be much better.
My goal now is to get it working and then I'll work on the looks.
Tonight I'll pick up the clutch parts I'm missing and tomorrow the rest of the parts (springer fork and handlebars) will arrive. On the weekend I'll worry about accelerator and brake.
Man all this waiting is getting to me.
Keep rollin'

Finally got the scooters engine.
chopped it up right away to remove the parts I needed.

This is the shaft on wich goes the pulley that recieves the belt from the engine's pulley :? . On the outside I'll fit the clutch on wich I'll weld a sprocket for the chain going to the hub.
This shaft is encased in a alluminium body.

Laced up it's like this

Did I came out of the woods? No! And just when things where looking brighter :cry:

I'll have to run it with the shaft inwards because of the allignments of pulley and chain.

Question: Is there any way to weld alluminium to iron?

Thanks a lot and keep rollin'

Hi.
I welded a small sprocket to the clutch.

And now a better view of the problem:

Nevermind the wood pulley. I'll have one machined.

Any suggestions on how will I be able to fix the alluminium shaft case in the position I'm holding it?
Thanks a lot and keep rollin'

very nice work makes me want to get started on mine got my little 52 clinton running today actually so now i can build something around it.

Thanks a lot guys.
I really appreciate the suport.
I think that today or tomorrow I'll have it figured out.
..and karfer, please go ahead with the build. It will be awsome to see another RRBirth :D
Keep rollin'

nope cant be done you would have to make an adapter. this bike is just sick i am watching

masterpoop63 said:
stocksucks said:
Question: Is there any way to weld alluminium to iron?
not to my knowledge

I assume you have a drill press. Go to Harbor Freight and get a drill press mill adapter and turn your press into a mill, then copy the aluminum part into steel, then you can weld it to your frame or engine.

Thanks a lot for the tip Cobra.
I've already solved it.
Yesterday I built a “weldable” box for housing of the alluminium case that holds the centrifugal clutch’s shaft.
1 – The problem

2 - Measure ‘n chop

3 – The vise helps

4 – Pille’em up the best you can

5 – Grind and fill the flaws

6 –“ I’m just and old chunk of coal but I’m gonna be a diamond someday” (Johnny Cash rules!)

7 – A little more chop chop adapting the box to the alluminium case measures

8 – “So we drilled it out so that it would fit and with a little bit of help from na adaptor kit we had that engine runnin’ just like a song” (Johnny Cash rules!)

9 – Laced up. You guys cannot see it but there is another bolt on the bottom.

10 – Now I just have to build and weld some brackets… and pray…

11 – Another mockup already with handlebars to be choped

Meanwhile I’ve got the springer forks to mount today and also today I should have some wheels.
A question: Do you think the shaft box should be covered? I thinks it’s rattier if the shaft is at sight..
Keep rollin’

stocksucks said:
8 – “So we drilled it out so that it would fit and with a little bit of help from na adaptor kit we had that engine runnin’ just like a song” (Johnny Cash rules!)

It's a 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 automobile...

Hi.
K-dregg, those are the Basmans 346 I got for the previous build, but changed them for a set of fat franks.
I thought of painting it cream as you can see on the fake tank, with cream rims. Black tires and black handle bars.
THEN, I thought it would be nice to sand it up a bit around the edges to give it a worn look. Also the red Villiers stockers will help. What do you think?
That's it Hoeha, you gotta do it "One Piece at a Time" :D
thanks a lot and keep rollin'

Guys, I've gotta let it out for you.. I'm getting really amped on the possibility of building a 2 V cilinder boad tracker...
Checking out photos of "back in the day", I'm getting more and more addicted to these machines.
The only thing that is setting me back from trying is the fact that it would moove me away from the "bicycle" planet and into the "motorcycle" planet.
Keep rollin'

i would cover it but thats me. there is a difference between ratty and un-finished. sorta like when you see a no fender rat rod car with no floors or an open driveshaft. i guess some might think it is cool but wait till you catch your long sleeve shirt in that spinning u joint then tell me how cool it is? like this one think shoe laces :shock:

Yep.. you're right.. I guess I'll cover it.
Meanwhile I got the springer and chopped the handlebars

The headstem got a little higher than I wished or maybe it's just me used to see the old fork..
What do you guys think?
Keep rollin'

Latest posts

Back