HodgePodge All Pro... ALL FINISHED!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HodgePodge All Pro... Finishing Touches

I'll have to wait until the build off is finished but right now I'm leaning towards you bike getting one of my votes. Beautiful work! This is a bike that I would want to make my daily commute on not just because of style, but also function.

streetpirate said:
I'll have to wait until the build off is finished but right now I'm leaning towards you bike getting one of my votes. Beautiful work! This is a bike that I would want to make my daily commute on not just because of style, but also function.
Strangely enough... I was thinking the exact same thing about the green beauty you're building. Somehow the updates on your build evaded my notice until yesterday morning. I think you've got the the field whipped on paint alone. I'd ride the heck out of Rat Salad. Great minds think alike I guess.

or you could drill the black area of the chain guard full of holes.

Re: HodgePodge All Pro.. Chainguard or No?????

Green P1 said:
photo-56.jpg

Something about the guard just doesn't quite fit my eye right. I went with black for the primary color to break up some of the red a bit but maybe it should have been reversed?

Think I know what you mean about the chain guard but it still gives the bike an added uniqueness. Almost like it too bold (with the flat black or too straight of a line. How about adding more red to it?

Either way, your bike is cool and well thought out. Nice balance

Re: HodgePodge All Pro... Finishing Touches(Pic Heavy)

No work today so i was able to get some much needed garage(and camera) time in on HodgePodge.

1st: I'd noticed that I've never posted a "driver side" picture of the bike. One of the things I really liked about this chainring was that it was black on the back. I think it fits well with the black dust guard on the inside of the rear sprocket.
photo-58.jpg

2nd: I got the vinyl decal i ordered for the headbadge laid down. Its kinda tough to take just one picture of it as it wraps around... but I couldn't be much happier with how it came out. Had to get HodgePodge on the bike somewhere and I just didn't like how it looked spelled out on the guard, so HP became the badge.
photo-59.jpg

photo-60.jpg

3rd: The chainguard lettering. I'm mostly happy with how the lettering came out. There is the tiniest amount of white that shows around some of the edges of lettering but I think I can fix that with a fine tipped sharpie. Also if you look super close it almost seems as if I installed the letters slightly crooked... Seems I spent too much time getting it lined up with the top edge of the guard and kinda ignored the bottom line where the red recessed part rises up... 2 of the 3 people I showed it to couldn't notice it so maybe I'm just a bit to anal about things like this....
photo-62.jpg

4th: License Plate is mounted up but not yet programmed.... I promise videos will come soon enough.
photo-57.jpg

As she sits right now.
photo-63.jpg

Your bike really turned out sweet!!!!
Great job!

Now that is a very cool tag!!!!!!
The bike turned out great!
Congrats!

kingfish254 said:
Congrats!

Admit it, you're Googling that tag right now. :|

yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:
Congrats!

Admit it, you're Googling that tag right now. :|

I don't need to. One like it will show up at a yard sale for me in the next couple of months. :p

Re: HodgePodge All Pro... Finishing Touches(With Video)

MplsCoaster said:
The chain guard lettering is exactly what your bike needed, perfect!

Thanks! The more I look at them the more I like it. This bike rides really well, too well for me to wanna take the time to shine it back up and take some final photos... Maybe again tonight I'll try again to find a couple decent backdrops for some better pics...

This was a fun one to watch!!!
BRAVO for finishing!
congRATs!
Hope you had fun!

Latest posts

Back