1. The forum software will be upgraded on Saturday (April 4). During this time the site may be down for a period of time to make the change. Thanks for your patience as we do the work!
    Dismiss Notice

Ho Hum Huffy

Discussion in 'BUILDS' started by sdframe, Mar 20, 2019.

1. sdframe

sdframe

I've never been a fan of recent Huffys; to me there's nothing inspiring about them, but used ones are cheap! I bought a complete one a year ago and used the parts for other projects, leaving me with a frame and fork, which sat around waiting to be motorized and sold. When I read about the upcoming build off, I remembered the frame and fork, thinking I just might use them in the event. Well, one thing led to another, I got sucked in, jumped the gun, and before I knew it, I had a complete bike finished.

Seven-speed Shimano internal hub wheelset, cool handlebars and stem, my favorite aftermarket chainwheel and a few other niceties. Sprayed two coats of black primer and two coats of satin black. The bike surprised me; I actually like it! Now I have to find a frame for the upcoming build off.

BEFORE:
    IMG_1562 (2).jpg
    AFTER:
    20190320_102522.jpg

2. LukeTheJoker

LukeTheJoker Moderator

Came out nice!

Waiting for May 1st is hard, been trying to find other projects to do... o_O

horsefarmer likes this.
  3. sdframe

sdframe

I have a '53 or '57 Schwinn Spitfire that I thought I should keep in its excellent original condition. Now I think I'm going to do "our thing" to it. Some parts may have to come off the above Huffy.