Hmmm what to do what to do

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been watchin and tinkerin a lil, figured no time like the present so I'm in on this build off...
Hawthorn frame I picked up in April at the Bike Flea Market. Need to decide on which pedals, grips and light to use.
M01A0360.jpg

Got the tires from a shop closin down here, only one brick so I picked up the off white and will probably do a two tone paint. Got white walls to but think I'll save those for a Schwinn I've got to redo for the wife.
M01A0358.jpg

Yes,Yes...I agree with locojoe...run with that red,white& blue idear & I'll toss a name out thar for your build,iff'n you don't already gots one...UNCLE SLAM...eh,eh what do you think? Great start on whats starting out as a way cool build...gopher it!................Pappy 8)

Well thank ya, scabbed em off a forklift job we replaced them with newer lights, there's a directing knob on the back thats tweaked to the side, but I'll straighten it out and get her painted up and rig a new bracket to mount it.

I passed on the handle bar at the local goodwill, and lucked out on a 1/2 off color the next time I was in and it was still there, $5.00, unemployment really has me strapped but I couldnt pass it up, hehehe... Thanx
The guy that had the fram before me had the rear drop outs welded up, so I'm gonna need to paint her, the red, white and blue is a nice idea, gotta go stand in front of the paint case and wait for the ratrodgod's to speak to me, lol...

Slapped her together for a quick mock up, cleaned and repacked the rear hub and the crank bearings. Tried to ride her but found my sprocket is warped, will try to straighten or swap it for another one. Not sure if tires are good or swap em front to back ?
M01A0363-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back