"Hindsight 20/20" WCC Done RDS Style

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built this for a friend so he could ride with me, his only requirement, "Big fat twenty inch tires."
I thought about paint colour and couldn't get past flat black it's like an addiction.
The banana seat I have had since I was a kid waiting to find the right project, this bike was screaming for it.
For the tank I did my first attempt at scallops. The tank will eventually get silver pin stripping.
I love 3pcs cranks. My friend has some DK iron cross pedals to put on them.
Where I live there is nowhere to buy ape hangers so I made my own version from an old set of bent BMX bars. These will be upgraded to 15" apes if I can ever find some for cheap.
Over the winter the seat tube that extends below the top tube will be removed as will the spider web.
I wonder if a fat stingray wheel and tire will fit one of these?
I should have taken build pictures and done this as my RRBBO3 bike since I was able to complete this while my build off bike sat and waited for parts.
Hindsight 20/20.

0b7b_20.jpg

Untitled-TrueColor-01-1.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

Untitled-TrueColor-02.jpg

That really changed the look of that bike, FOR THE BETTER!.......Especially like the handle bars. 8)

Thanks guys! I haven't had it for a real ride yet but it did get a couple pedal strokes through my living room on it with some old pedals I had laying around. It feels bigger than it did with the stock seat, with the banana it seats you almost on top of the back tire. I will get some riding pics of my buddy when we take it out for it's maiden voyage.

Latest posts

Back