Highboy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
This will be one big cruiser and my first build that uses welding and cutting.
Starting with a Solar Cycle frame and Kenda 26x3 flames, I plan to extend the forks using the second set of forks, welding them together to get an additional foot or so. The second set will mount to the back of the original forks, keeping the rake just about right. I'll leave the dropouts from the first fork and use them to mount a luggage rack.
I have a very heavy set of training wheel brackets that I will use in the rear to extend the dropouts, then use the extra length for a stand/rack combination. I might have to weld in a couple supports for the dropout extensions.
Everything will be oversize and heavy.
ncfg21.jpg

x26i9t.jpg

Just looking at the second pic and it looks like you could add a couple pieces of metal to hold it and a big spring and come up with a cool springer.

This being my first configuration change, I'm going to keep it as simple as I can, although I see the potential.

Factor in my skill level, and you've got scrap metal everywhere, a lot of cussing, and no bike to ride.

Didn't get done in time for the build off, and it still needs a big kickstand, and carriers of some kind. I've got a big bell to go on it also. Crude, but it rides nice. Everything is lined up right, I can ride it with no hands. The top of the handlebars is just above 5 feet and the gearing is just about right, it cruises at about 8-10 mph without working too hard.

25kkmci.jpg

New Year photo op

I took the bike over to put a bigger wrench on the bad pedal and my older brother came out with his camera, so I rode back and forth a few times, then i tried a wheelie. I thought it would be too heavy, but it did pretty good. i went about 30 feet and turned around and yelled for him to get a shot of a wheelie. I should have known better. There is a very fine line of balance that I crossed, with no recovery. Too much weight going backward to offset, so down I went. The bike is too high to be doing wheelies. I somehow twisted my knee and ankle before they wound up under me. So this morning, it's off the the emergency room.

315jx29.jpg

ilhldf.jpg

As you get a little older ,your suppose to stop doing silly stuff. The recovery time is alot longer that when you were 12. :lol: :lol:

Re: New Year photo op

Wildcat said:

Cool pic! But I would love to have seen the expression on you face! Age doesn't matter when you're putting the "Wild" in Wildcat! Sorry you got hurt but COOL always come at a price. 8)
Take care,
Chainy

The only thing worse than busting your butt, is busting your butt in cold weather :( . At least you got a picture and a story out of it. :lol:

"As you get a little older, your suppose to stop doing silly stuff."

That's what they said in the emergency room. I didn't mind, no waiting and I was out of there in 2 hours, x-rays and all. Just a sprained knee and ankle. I promised the wife I wouldn't be doing that again. She thinks that means no more wheelies, it actually means I'm going to have to fab up an oversize wheelie bar. Anyone ever have pneumatic tires on a wheelie bar?

Here's the whole picture for those who asked. Enjoy:
2eqdvm0.jpg

Crashing is a reality check. Done properly builds character while adding to your learning curve. It doesn't add or subtract from your karma so there's no loss there. Also it builds status at the ER making it easier to sign in each time. I hope you came out well enough with your injury.
About 5 years back I was thrown at speed from holding a couple gallons of gas in one hand while still holding on to the bars, nasty business. Then there was that incident when learning how to ride a tallbike a couple of years ago. Still managing to close in on my 58th birthday.
Be well

GL

I do have to that the bike looked like you could of lifted the frontend just from rolling your eyes back. lol. Looked pretty wheelie happy. Get well soon and slap wheelie bar on that bad boy.

The look of your face looks as though your about to express the sound of a letter "f" :lol: Love that bike, one of the best styles in my opinion!

Latest posts

Back