hide the cable

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
today i played hide the brake cable, i was surprised how easy it was to drill the frame and pass the cable through
only had a hand-drill (mechanical) to drill the holes

xq9f6e.jpg

i thought i turned out preety nice for a 1st try
i guess its the gear cable next

i urge anyone to try it, looks good and is well easy

wouldnt go do it on a priceless classic though

i found brake cable covers are a nice touch and seem to finish the job off right. they help hide the actual hole in the metal.
you could use almost anything. (ie rubber hose,ss. braided hose etc)
IMG_4443.jpg

hiding your cable is such a simple mod, but oh so effective.

nice

that is an idea that get overlooked alot, Klein bikes did it years ago, as did I about 6 years ago, I heated the frame and contoured mine, but makes for a clean look, keep up the good ideas
pic0018.jpg
pic0019.jpg

brass rivets/grometts(not sure the real name) to finish off the holes look pretty sweet also.
specially on a black bike

This might be a dumb question, but is it hard to get the cable through the hole on the way out, or is it just a test of patience and nimble fingers?
I might give it a go on my lowrider project (it's a Bratz frame, so I have no problem drilling it :mrgreen: ).

Use a slotted hole, and fish it thru with a coathanger (tape cable to hanger).

How much do you think drilling holes in a frame would weaken it? if at all...

i threaded an inner cable through first with a bend on the end, not too much and as it was shiny i could see the cable and i just rotated it near the hole until the end popped out, i then threaded the outer over it

simple

i expect a straightened coathanger works better though

Latest posts

Back