HiaWhatThe? might have to call her done,not sure yet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HiaWhatThe? (bars n lights n seats testing)

Those bars and stem are great. It gives the bike kind of the same sinister look as the WWII Corsair F4U airplanes. And the old seat is perfect as well.

Ape Stanger said:
Those bars and stem are great. It gives the bike kind of the same sinister look as the WWII Corsair F4U airplanes. And the old seat is perfect as well.
Holy smoke thats awesome--the Vought F4u4 Corsair is my favorite fighter!!!!!!!
I was a WWII plane nut as a kid,I would read for hours and hours.

thumbnail-2.jpg

Xcruiser said:
Ape Stanger said:
Holy smoke thats awesome--the Vought F4u4 Corsair is my favorite fighter!!!!!!!
I was a WWII plane nut as a kid,I would read for hours and hours.
I'm not a nut (probably just because music took up most of my time as a kid) but I love WWII airplanes and the corsair is my favorite as well. I have a membership at the Boeing Museum of Flight, they have two there and an entire two story wing dedicated to WWI and WWII fighter planes. If you're ever in Seattle you have to check it out. Lots of nose art, guns, and dramatic lighting on planes both hanging from the ceiling and on the ground. Cool stuff.

Makes one want to build a tribute bike, Yes? Sounds like a build challenge for a later date. :D

Ape Stanger said:
Makes one want to build a tribute bike, Yes? Sounds like a build challenge for a later date. :D
LOL that'd be cool.
My infatuation with planes ended around age 12 at the latest ,but I never forgot them.I was well into bmx and then fast cars by 14.Theres just something awesome about a fighter plane ripping machine guns in a fight!!!

Beautiful Build so far.... I love that bare metal look....
And you're right the old seat would look better on that bike....
Looking forward to your polishing the hardware....

CCR said:
Xcruiser said:

I think your right on track man, love the seat and the lights too (especially the wedge :eek: )
Thanks man!!! I get a little nervous since I havent had to fabricate much of anything yet.Just been kinda throwing parts at it to see what sticks.

KC so-cal said:
looking good X.C keep up the good work i think you got a CONTENDER here. RAT ON!!!

+1 This baby is lookin really Sweet! Love the headlights & the bare metal also. I'm going with bare metal also, probably because I'm lazy & that way I don't have to wait for paint to dry, or worry about scratching it once it's painted! :mrgreen: I will be watching this build, one of my favorites so far. 8)

Xcruiser said:
Gonna take a break from the build off bike

Bout' time! :shock: Your WAY ahead of me :mrgreen:

Bike looks great by the way :wink: Really like the tank 8)

Xcruiser said:
Made a layback post and test fit the seat and tank to get a better idea of how things are going to look down the road.
hiawatha003-3.jpg
Id go with a yellow on the front part of the tank then either a midnight blue or black on the outer part of the tank then a gray on the inset area with lines and rivets painted on the gray area

Wow. It wasn't until I saw it from this view that I realized how awesome the frame is. I love the way the chain stays curl up like that. Great job on the whole front end, the double headlights really fit in there great. Can't wait to see what you do with the tank, but I already like it the way it is. Can you nickel plate something like that?

dragnusa said:
Xcruiser said:
Made a layback post and test fit the seat and tank to get a better idea of how things are going to look down the road.
hiawatha003-3.jpg
Id go with a yellow on the front part of the tank then either a midnight blue or black on the outer part of the tank then a gray on the inset area with lines and rivets painted on the gray area
Not a bad idea but im not trying to do a plane theme,just liked those Corsairs is all lol.

Your bike looks really good!! Thanks for taking a break and letting the rest of us catch up :lol:

What does an old ratrod need I thought?????? LAKEPIPES!!!!!!!!!!
Used an old set of hardware store brand handlebars,cut them up,spotted into place with some help from our old friend the zip tie!
It all worked out just the way I had visioned in my nugget.
029.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

034.jpg

044.jpg

037.jpg

043.jpg

038.jpg

Latest posts

Back