HiaWhatThe? might have to call her done,not sure yet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Heres my build off bike,time to get started I guess!
1950hiawatha006-1.jpg

Re: 50' HiaWhatThe

CWC will make a good showing in this build off. Looks like it's been repainted at least once. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Cool starting point. I look forward to seeing what you do.

Great bike & great name also! I will be watching this one.

Great bike to start with :!: I've got an earlier version of this bike I'm considering for the build-off but can't decide.....I am definitely curious to see what you do with this one :) Good luck with it :!:

tin machine said:
hey man , that bike is smokin vintage , love the patina !!! wow , not sure i would ratrod that ? but wow looking forward to your build :mrgreen:
I know Tin,it was a tough decision.It needs more than it appears to restore to original and cost would be high.I dont have the heart to damage it in any way so it will be a reversable build should I decide to restore it later.

Awesome frame :p Best name yet I think :wink:

Getting a late start but better late than never.Heres a peek at whats crackin in the basement!
see Tin buddy,things are worse than ya thought,,pinholes in tank.
hiawatha005.jpg

Vans representing,ah the 80's
hiawatha004.jpg

leather
hiawatha003.jpg

sneak peak at possible parts,nothing decided yet
hiawatha002.jpg

had to cut off one side of the axle (seized nut),thank gooodness for air tools
hiawatha001.jpg

After diving into this bike I dont feel bad about Ratting it.everything is kinda shot and was stuck.
Cut off crank arm,air hammer/chisel for the crank nut,pounded out gooseneck.But anyhoo she's down to frame and fork.Also had to spot weld the kickstand nut underneath to keep it from spinning.
001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

Hi! I see you have all the makings of a great build! Starting with a Cleveland Welding Tanker w/ Springer - doesn't get any better as far as I'm concerned. Did that come with a CWC Chain Guard? If not I'll look in my storage space and see if I have one. Have Fun! Robert

Road Master said:
Hi! I see you have all the makings of a great build! Starting with a Cleveland Welding Tanker w/ Springer - doesn't get any better as far as I'm concerned. Did that come with a CWC Chain Guard? If not I'll look in my storage space and see if I have one. Have Fun! Robert
Nope never got the guard with the bike,darnit

Lookin great so far buddy! Can't wait to see what you do with it. BTW my wife has a road master with the shockmaster fork on it & that baby rides like a cadillac! (yes I do ride it) One of the best riding bikes we have!

Latest posts

Back