Hiawatha with Shock-Ease Fork

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on a nice solid original. I watched that go through ebay 3 times... but it didn't make any sense for me with the high shipping cost.

Yeah, thankfully I'm only 95 miles or so away. Nice little way to use up some morning.
dougfisk said:
Congrats on a nice solid original. I watched that go through ebay 3 times... but it didn't make any sense for me with the high shipping cost.

Yeah, I was watching it too. I'm going home next month (Des Moines) for a visit, was thinking of doing a slight detour. I'm glad you stopped me! Nice score! I love the shelbys.
Johnny

My Sister and her husband live in Des Moines. She used to teach at Drake, not sure anymore.

Nightrider said:
Yeah, I was watching it too. I'm going home next month (Des Moines) for a visit, was thinking of doing a slight detour. I'm glad you stopped me! Nice score! I love the shelbys.
Johnny

I watched a 46 boys roadmaster and an early 50's girls tanker colson on the bay for a while. Went from 300 each to 100 each, local pick-up only in Des Moines. Called the guy and offered 75 each. He accepted, so I sent my dad over to get em. Dad came to Memphis a coulpe weeks later with them.Tried to hand him the 150 and he said "happy birthday". Thanks dad!

Pictures?

Nightrider said:
I watched a 46 boys roadmaster and an early 50's girls tanker colson on the bay for a while. Went from 300 each to 100 each, local pick-up only in Des Moines. Called the guy and offered 75 each. He accepted, so I sent my dad over to get em. Dad came to Memphis a coulpe weeks later with them.Tried to hand him the 150 and he said "happy birthday". Thanks dad!

"'46 roadmaster
'5o's? Colson
I have the guard for the Colson, just not on in the pic. Both horns still work too!

I love Looptails. Nice score.
freshfinds001.jpg

Are there any serial #'s on your Hiawatha? None on the shelby that I found (nothing under the crank or dropout).

Latest posts

Back