Hi, my name is Scott, and I am adicted to ratty bikes.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Though I am told I wasn't born on a bike, worked on parts while in diapers. Sorry about the TMI. Now that I am more 'mature', I refuse to think of myself as being old, I enjoy getting junked unique bikes and giving them a second or fourth life on the cheap.

My favorite is this old Livingston. I bought it mostly for parts. Then one day looked at the frame and fork, look at the slack angle on the headtube, and thought it might be interesting to ride. It became my first fixed gear and my favorite bike to rife. Yes, 700C front wheel and 26" rear.

Attachments

• 20170518_182819.jpg
    20170518_182819.jpg
    529.2 KB · Views: 112
Welcome to the forum, and the best custom / vintage bike site on the internet!

From the looks of your build, you will fit right in here on RRB. We have the RRB Summer Build Off #15 starting on May 1st. I hope you will consider joining in the fun! Watch for details to pop up on the Forums page near the last week of April.
RaT oN~!

Welcome to the forum, and the best custom / vintage bike site on the internet!

From the looks of your build, you will fit right in here on RRB. We have the RRB Summer Build Off #15 starting on May 1st. I hope you will consider joining in the fun! Watch for details to pop up on the Forums page near the last week of April.
RaT oN~!
I will consider it and I like the challenge.

Hi Scott....:hi:

Welcome to the site! I have a couple of frames that style laying around that I want to build. I’ve always wanted to try a lightweight style frame with balloon tires and full length flat fenders.

Welcome to the site! I have a couple of frames that style laying around that I want to build. I’ve always wanted to try a lightweight style frame with balloon tires and full length flat fenders.
I think this frame and fork setup has a unique look that has very much grown on me. Riding is 'different'. The head tube angle is so slack and the forks so stretched forward, turns are a journey themselves. It is relatively easy to get used to, but kind of weird. I really grew to enjoy the ride when I changed to bull horn track bars. I love the look of the swept back bars, but it meant my hands were too far back when standing on the pedals. Hard to climb hills as it is fixed gear. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Latest posts

Back