HEX53: complete

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: X54 (formally known a X)- Tanked again

Rivets are a great option for this but if you want to use epoxy I suggest a product made by 3m called panel bond. you can glue almost anything together with it.

OK... So I brazed all the parts together filled the holes, blended the seams... a major step backward but it is done, and I feel like it was done right. This plus the shock debacle has been a bit of a setback.
c354efa9.jpg

544cf0a8.jpg

c66e10ac.jpg

SUPER COOL!
Love the springer and Tank! :shock:

Tank turned out nice.
You'll get the springer figgered out.

Re: X- back in black

Gdcast said:
Pull this one off and it would be a crime not voting for you. Sketch Nº 7 is the best... for now :wink:

If I could take the boldness to give a little suggestion, I would re-think the headlight size or shape, just to make it follow the aerodynamic look the whole bike has. My humble two cents...

Good advice, I have been hunting for a cool headlight for months... I feel like this is what I was looking for. I also found these taillights in a box I had lying around... I had forgotten that I even had them!
0a590609.jpg

Nice and out of the ordinary lights!!!

So... I hate the tank now, the paints not working for me, I'm going to make another one and leave it sanded aluminium, was not counting on that. The painting has been a nightmare and pretty much everything that could go wrong did. I think that this thing is cursed...I'm changing the name again-now it's Hex53 (from the original name -X53)

Sweet light! I have a thing for old lights. I pick them up anytime I find a cool one.

Re: Hex53 (X/X54) Bits

Cool stuff.
The springer turned out nice so far.

Re: X- back in black

tvc15 said:
Gdcast said:
Pull this one off and it would be a crime not voting for you. Sketch Nº 7 is the best... for now :wink:

If I could take the boldness to give a little suggestion, I would re-think the headlight size or shape, just to make it follow the aerodynamic look the whole bike has. My humble two cents...

Good advice, I have been hunting for a cool headlight for months... I feel like this is what I was looking for. I also found these taillights in a box I had lying around... I had forgotten that I even had them!
0a590609.jpg

Honoured beyond words!! You´re such a talented designer/builder!
Light is magnificent; and workmanship... Mama Mia!!!

Can´t wait to see more!

Re: Hex53 (X/X54) Reflections

Worked on the rear assembly today. What a total and complete pain in the rear!!! I'm still tring to get everything to align the right way. I ended up reprinting the frame and rear fender due to all the damage in fitting... And i still cant figure out how to nake it all ballance... The hex continues!
b6ce2c14.jpg

a86d0a62.jpg

Re: HeX53: rack attack!

This bike is going to be exciting to watch come together.
Wicked Wicked Wicked!

Looking good 8) I hate having problems when assembling :x

I was looking at that same headlight on the Bay. I love it! It reminds me of streamlined buses and trains...

Latest posts

Back