Help ID'ing these 3

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello all....

A neighbor called me up last night to see if I would be interested in these 3 bikes.

The 1st is a 58 Schwinn ??? It has a unique head badge in regards to the way the word Schwinn is positioned. It also has a seat that I'm guessing is a replacement.

Next is a unknown year & model 26" Hawthorne tanker. What I found to be odd on this one is the tank doesnt have headlights. The other pics show some of the original markings that are still somewhat visible.

Last is an unknown make, model & year women's 26" tanker.

The last one is from the Murray/Sears family from the 1960's.

The Hawthorne probably had the plastic shroud and lens at one point, but judging by how rusty the metal is, I bet it baked in the sun for decades and decomposed..

clerkkent said:
The last one is from the Murray/Sears family from the 1960's.

The Hawthorne probably had the plastic shroud and lens at one point, but judging by how rusty the metal is, I bet it baked in the sun for decades and decomposed..
if it did have a shroud for lights, should there be a hole for any wiring & possibly dome screw holes for where the shroud would've attached?

B607 said:
The Schwinn badge used to say "Spitfire" or something similar below the Schwinn logo. Gary
Do you know what else could've been there? I don't think the chainguard was original on it so trying to read it is out of the question. :(

Got bored & creative the other night...... Besides doing my "West Orange Chopper" I did this for my oldest son. Still need to replace the crank w/ the shorter pedals though. But it's still a start....

Latest posts

Back