Hello RRB!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! My name is Robby and I have decided to join the forum after lurking for quite a while. I have seen some amazing builds on here, so I figured it'd be cool to interact with everyone and to share some of my builds as well.

I work in the auto parts industry, but I enjoy tinkering with things in my spare time; I've got a decent collection (quantity, not quality) of bicycles, as well as some cars and trucks. I'll try my best to post images of some of my favorites soon!

Finally figured out how to attach an image! Here's my 1973 collegiate sport klunker. Its got a sachs 7 speed hub in the rear, with alloy rims and tires I had laying around. I did a 3 piece crank conversion with a cheap Amazon conversion kit, mainly so I could use the crank arms with that hoop sprocket look-alike off a walmart bike I stripped for parts. It's pretty much all cheap parts on a beat up frame, but i love it!

Last edited:

My 77 collegiate camelback. It was originally a sport, but I de-sported it with some upright bars off of a breeze I parted out.

Here's a shot of my typhoon and my racer from a trip my brother and I took to the abandoned Pennsylvania turnpike. The racer is currently in pieces waiting to be rebuilt, but the typhoon is all original, down to the tires.

Last edited:
Nice bikes! I love the pic taken at the abandoned turnpike. Real post apocalyptic. How long a stretch is it ?
Looks like an awesome ride!

Nice bikes! I love the pic taken at the abandoned turnpike. Real post apocalyptic. How long a stretch is it ?
Looks like an awesome ride!
Thank you! It's a 13 mile stretch that passes through 2 tunnels. The tunnels were built in the 1920's, and couldn't accommodate heavy traffic when more people started using the turnpike in the 60's. For most of the other tunnels they drilled another bore parallel to the existing one, but these were so close together (and one of them is over a mile long) it was cheaper just to bypass them. It's really neat, if you ever get the chance, it's an awesome ride!

Here's my 1973 collegiate sport klunker...It's pretty much all cheap parts on a beat up frame, but i love it!
To me, that's the blueprint for an all terrain rat!
I've had a couple of these in the past...and I have been accumulating parts to put together a couple more. I call them my 'All-Weather Attack Fighters' :grin:.

Latest posts

Back