Heavy Metal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, Im going for a little different take on Muscle bikes. Im using a tank bike, other than that it will be pretty conventional Muscle bike. I have some ideas Im not sure are going to work like the huge sprocket, and my steering apparatus. Without further adieu here are the first pics.
1157669_10151596754811891_804271968_n_zps6760992e.jpg

1374934_10151596754836891_93449723_n_zps1f37f49e.jpg

Re: [Muscle Bike Build-Off] Un-Named Preview

A lot of ways you could go with that. My first impression/idea:

50's 20" tank bikes were converted to some of the first high-rise handlebar, polo seat muscle bikes. Dubbed: "Pig Bikes".

Use an olive drab base color and call it "War Pig" with tiger shark mouth like a WWII P-40.

Fc90216.jpg

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

I am sure this is gonna be top notch!
GIT TO BUILDIN!

Thanks Guys. Well I have been thinking about this thing a lot and think I have come up with a plan on building it. Im going to use the rear Triangle to include the seat tube of this dyno frame it gives enough length for the sprocket. The chainguard right now is going to be used in some capacity. However, you shouldn't plan on recognizing it much when all is said and done. I am not sold on the 26x3 rear wheel may trade it for a 24x3. I really want a whitewall anyway but if I don't find one Ill use what I have. Plan to make some cuts tomorrow Early, will have to go to work extra early to get them in. Still have a couple of Ideas and tricks up my sleeve(I hope) when it comes to the drive-line and steering. I have not decided on a seat yet, I don't have a banana seat on hand. Will keep my eyes open for one that goes along with my ideas over the next couple of weeks. If I can't find one I'll have to punt.
IMG_1059_zpscfca83a3.jpg

PS that battery does not sit outside it goes in the shed.

Does the lawnmower have anything to do with your steering apparatus? :)

Re: Un-Named Preview

OK well haven't had enough time to do anything but dream about this thing. I have been spending a good amount of time working out the parts for my driveline plans. It hasn't been a total waste. Now I just have to source the parts to make it work. Will get to work soon I hope and the steering will have to wait until I make some real progress on the rest of it.

Re: Heavy Metal - Falling out

Unfortunately, Im going to have to drop out at this point. No more work has been done and I really don't foresee having the time to get to it. Work has really picked up the last few weeks and is showing no sign of letting up. As much as I would rather be working on the bike, work has to come first. Hopefully I will get the time to build this thing up before long.
Enjoy the rest of the build I will enjoy watching the rest form the sidelines I'm sure.

Ok, what's up with the ladies Dyno frame???
All I need is a frame to get her off my Dyno....wanna sell it?

Ps, love the big sprocket, should you save that for a salt flat rat build and use a nice crager inspired star sprocket?

Latest posts

Back