Heavy Duti 3 piece crank conversion

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bub

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So my 2013ish Schwinn Heavy Duti is on its way to my house and I am trying to gather all of my Klunker parts so I can get it built soon. So far I have everything besides the crank and BB ordered. I tried looking up what I need for the conversion but I’m not really any information. This bike is a budget build and I know some of the conversions can get pretty pricey so please keep that in mind. I would like to do a sealed BB but what size do I need? I see American and European and all sort of widths. Anyone have any recommendations on kits? I’d like to stick all black and ring tooth count in the high 30s for the sprocket.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Yep, here’s the one I used. YST Professional model, I LOVE it! It has sealed cartridge bearings. Smooth as butter, effortless pedaling.

e581bc9cf52a4d0ff565994672e46da8.jpg

445e1fe87a6a47380e5fdf5f04265b1d.jpg

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/372310386641

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you have any issue with the shaft being too wide for the rear sprocket? Everything I’ve seen on here recommends 108mm in width and this one is 127mm.

I like the tubular bmx cranks. Usually you get the arms and spindle together then buy the American bb bearing and spacer kit.

Awesome! I’m going to order that one. Thanks! Plus I found it available in black. [emoji4]
You bike looks amazing btw! What brand clear did you use over the spray paint? Or was it gun sprayed?

It’s 3 costs Rustoleum flat Ink Blue and 5 coats of Rustoleum ‘Dead Flat’ clear
Got it at Home Depot

Last edited:
It’s 3 costs Rustoleum flat Ink Blue and 5 coats of Rustoleum ‘Dead Flat’ cleat
Got it at Home Depot

Thanks for the info! I’m still not sure what color I’m going to paint the HD but I’m leaning towards a tan sand color with everything else black. I’m also thinking about trying the 2k clear coat as I’m reading it’s more durable.

Latest posts

Back