Healthcare Cyclist from FLA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work in a hospital OR, so a little stressed right now; just got exposed to this virus last week.
I like ALL bikes; trashy and flashy.
I prefer steel frame bikes for many different and paradoxical reasons. I have lugged, fillet brazed, and TIG steel frames; lugged and TIG aluminum alloy frames; lugged and monocoque carbon fiber frames; no Ti as yet. They all have their place; some more than others. Still the best bike is the one that is the most comfortable given fit and function. Primarily ride and rebuild classic Italian/European racers; that being said, I really like to cruise (and "race") on older English 3 speed roadsters. I rode one bike for 35 years straight; retired for rebuild with same or identical parts as original, and keeping the "battle scarred" paint and decals to preserve the original finish for the next custodian. My newest steed is a 1930's Colson "dual", front and rear, steering tandem I picked up a week ago which brought me to this site while doing research on it. I appreciate any help, insight, and/or suggestions regarding anything I post here. Please be patient with my lack of online technical expertise; I'm older and have enough interests and projects to take up my time without having to figure out all the online minutiae; but I'll try.

Please be safe out there, protect yourselves, protect others; stay home unless necessary. Our OR staff was reduced by 15% over the last week; we were already short staffed. Hang in there, we are all dealing with this situation in one way or another.

Take care to all, Jesper

PS. I regularly post on BIKERIDE.COM. I may import some of my posts to this site for both your and my edification.

Last edited:
Thank you for your service . From another Fla. hibernator . Your tandem sounds like it will fit in well here . Share some pictures when you can .
Hope you shake this stuff .

Latest posts

Back