Headhunter (Finished!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Headhunter

The frame has arrived.

bikebuild001-3.jpg

bikebuild002-3.jpg

Now I can start on the forks.

Re: Headhunter (The frame has arrived!)

Here's a quick pic (not a very good pic) of what its look'in like. I had to order tube for the forks because apparently 1-1/8" tube is not very popular. So at a stand still for now.

bikebuild002-4.jpg

Re: Headhunter (The frame has arrived!)

Very nice build. It should turn out to look killer. Lots of good parts choices . The frame turned out awesome and I really like the color. :mrgreen:

Headhunter

Kingzebba1 said:
Here's a quick pic (not a very good pic) of what its look'in like. I had to order tube for the forks because apparently 1-1/8" tube is not very popular. So at a stand still for now.

bikebuild002-4.jpg
That would be one loooong tank.. (if you were to put one in there ;))

Bike is looking awesome! You have a definite eye for detail.

Got some work done on Headhunter yesterday. I decided to go with a springer fork instead of the standard triple tree fork. Got a few more parts for it as well. Here's a few pics.

003.jpg

Had the notch the iron cross so the disc break mount could slide in all the way.

004.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

016.jpg

The springer fork kit from Cycles U.S.

002.jpg

The fork tubes weren't long enough so I had to fab some up.

011.jpg

010.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

017.jpg

Skull valve caps.

008.jpg

Still need to fab the springer tubes. But here's a look at it. I'm not going to use the bars on it. I put them on it to steer it around.

bikebuild001-4.jpg

bikebuild003-1.jpg

bikebuild002-5.jpg

I'm going to put a 26" wheel on the front. The 24" just wasn't big enough.

Finished making the springer push rods today. I welded 3/8" bung inserts at both ends of some 5/8" tubing. I had to make them 13 inches longer then the rods that came in the springer kit.
This is what the kit came with.
bikebuild005.jpg

And here's one of the new longer tubes.

bikebuild007-1.jpg

I'm going to have them powder coated black.

Finished the forks and the handle bars today. I cut some clubman bars I had and added more length to them with a slight bend outward at the end. I replace the 24" wheel on the front with a 26". I think it looks a lot better. Here are some pics. They're a little blurred. Sorry, the sun just had gone down.
bikebuild002-6.jpg

bikebuild001-5.jpg

bikebuild005-1.jpg

bikebuild004-3.jpg

Now on to the kick stand. :D

Hello! Made a kick stand today. Didn't really want to put a kickstand on the bike but that's just the way it has to be. I haven't seen too many kickstands that look cool, so I gave it a shot. Here's some pics of what I came up with.
bikebuild001-6.jpg

bikebuild002-7.jpg

bikebuild004-4.jpg

bikebuild006-2.jpg

bikebuild005-2.jpg

:shock: THIS BUILD IS SICK!! YOU WELDING GUYS KILL ME!! GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

At a loss for words... been hit by hurricane cool!

Ride on

Latest posts

Back