Hawthorn Tank Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just got this from a friend. Been wanting to make a klunker and am thinking of using the frame. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't worth beaucoup bucks before I do that. I'm muscle bike guy so I don't really know the tank stuff. I'm guessing it's pretty run of the mill tank bike but I dunno. Any advice on what parts might be worth if I part it out would be most helpful.

Thanks!
-Bob
IMG_1447.jpg
IMG_1449.jpg IMG_1452.jpg IMG_1453.jpg IMG_1454.jpg IMG_1455.jpg

Using the generator on the klunker would be probably be okay.
Some might say that making a klunker out of any muscles bike might be preferred over "improving" any mostly complete tank bike.
Maybe an exception in this case, sure looks odd; might be one of the last tank bikes; Snyder built. I like it better than the "space" look.
Rollfast.jpg hawthorne.jpg

I would leave this bike like it is and get another bike for a klunker. It's all there down to the original wheels and pedals.
But the bare frame would make a cool klunker. I would save everything in a safe place and use the bare frame as the base for the klunker. It will need a heavier fork and stronger wheels anyway. Seat and handlebars too. A 3 piece crank conversion would be good too. Something along these lines:

image570790bbc3.jpg

Latest posts

Back