Having fun with my JC Higgins

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Giving the fenders a try. I went to the correct size 26X1.75 whitewalls and correct-looking pedals. Gonna shorten chain soon to get tire centered in fender. Couldn't wait to show pic.

Can someone tell me or show me the correct (or close) rear fender reflector? Thanks, Mick

bc4ff907.jpg

I like your bike without the fenders, and the big tires. But the stock look is awesome. The bike even looks longer with the stock tires and fenders.

kensmurray said:
I like your bike without the fenders, and the big tires. But the stock look is awesome. The bike even looks longer with the stock tires and fenders.

Thanks Guys, I liked it without the fenders too, especially as my daily rider. When I recently got a Schwinn Speedster to ride daily I started just looking at the Flightliner. So I thought It'd be a better looker with whitewalls and fenders. :roll:

Not sure about that seat, but it might be an improvement over what you've got. Otherwise I agree with most of the posts here: I like the evolution of your project, and would keep the rack and tank. Good luck with the seat decision!

volksportguy72 said:
Not sure about that seat, but it might be an improvement over what you've got. Otherwise I agree with most of the posts here: I like the evolution of your project, and would keep the rack and tank. Good luck with the seat decision!
Thanks Man, I don't like the seat. I like the look of the springs and it is pretty comfy and squeaky. Haven't found a better one yet. I bought a nice schwinn seat that needs re-covering but I'm still studying.

That looks good. I would get a seat that fits the era. all in all it is a nice bike.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

I've been looking high and low for a decent seat from day one. I missed at least one choice seat on ebay early on because I didn't realize the rarity. Here is my best effort so far and my obligatory "sorry for the crappy pic".

c1ba9ec4.jpg

The Red Higgins Stranger (Willie Pun) is gone. After buying my Schwinn Speedster for a daily rider, the Flightliner was in the way. I put it on Craigslist for $250. It sat there for a week with a couple text messages. I dropped it to $200 and got calls from Washington, Oregon and South Louisiana. Today I got a call from a local to come see it and he snatched it up.

Latest posts

Back