Have this Old bmx project ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A.S.BOLTNUT

He who dies with the most toys ,still dies No Fear
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
I have most of the parts to build this bike , I kno it's either Huffy made or Murray but not real sure of the Name ? Thought maybe Thunder road ?

Here is a example I found on line
images.jpg

What it is ?

I couldn't find that frame anywhere, but did find a 24" bike with that same style frame and forks, so I think it's a Murray made bike.
image-jpeg.333154

But it has the late 60's Huffy chain wheel, so maybe it's a Huffy frame with a Murray springer on it. Huffy has an H in the serial number.

Small world! I notice the chain guard on yours is Huffy also, so I'll put my money on Huffy as the manufacturer of both bikes.

Ironically the photo you posted was mine. :21:

This is the bike in its completed state...

View attachment 47149

Ironic ,yes , I should have noticed the fence !
The other ironic thing is I had that same bike
Too the left (silver) . I've been lugging this project around with me for quite awhile, maybe I'll put it together some day ?

It's a Murray, as are most (if not all) Free Spirit Sears bikes. Notice the fork on the one in the catalog. The plain fork on the others is slightly different from Huffy as well.

I'll agree with Murray, my first choice, they must have put the chain guard and chain wheel from a Huffy on the 24" bike.

I'll agree with Murray, my first choice, they must have put the chain guard and chain wheel from a Huffy on the 24" bike.

As I stated originally I knew it was either Huffy or Murray, just trying to figure out the model name .
Thanks guys
Rafael

It's a Sears/Free Spirit "MX: The Look". If you check out the bashguard on the bike from the ad that Steve posted, you can see where it says "the look." Murray built them, but i believe all the bikes like this were sold by Sears under the Free Spirit label...

Latest posts

Back