HAUL-iN ! CustomCycleTruck (Finished)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here is what slowing my progress on the bike

last day i repaired/changed the corners and hinges of the door cause the door fell off:eek:
but in the progress i realized all the rust damages
need new bed /metal repairs / paint / suspension bushings and U-bolts for the axle just to be safe
DSCN6601_zpskvpde6cy.jpg

DSCN6600_zpswpq3hvzr.jpg

Beautiful welding and metalwork on your frame brother!!

The framework for your build is coming together nicely. If the end result is even close to your graphic mock up, it will be awesome!
it should look very similar , maybe the seat stays will have a diferent shape , thats what iam thinking hard about , how to make them strong yet be far back enought to not have the pegs obstructing my feet while pedaling

busy last week fixing the trailer , just missing the finishing touchs so i am back on the bike again! welded the chain stays in place and will make the top tube today . probably starting the seat stay too . pics to come later

ill try to finish the frame structure totally before june3 , so i can test ride it durring the ''Tour de l'ile'' and see if everything is alright and strong before i continue

here it is holding itself , top tube and chain stays welded
had a idea for the seat stays, but not sure its the way to go:39:

the plate would be ideal for mounting the rear pegs for long cargo , but its not the most beautiful design
DSCN6602_zpsr1ahjog8.jpg

Could you continue your arc from the top tube down to the rear hub as your seat stays? Then maybe add a parallel rear rack to balance the long straight line of your cargo front? (excuse my wavy lines)
View attachment 25318
yeah , i should stick with the plan with the curved stays .. not fan of the rear rack tho , thanks for your input

the plan of the day is to make a duplicate of the chain stays (wich is allot of work) and weld them

Stays done ! Ouff:whew:
DSCN6604_zpsranfokjp.jpg

dont judge my welds :tmi: there are 2passes welds, one to fil the small gap , and one to weld properly , but looks like a mess
DSCN6605_zpsij3vwhjn.jpg

DSCN6606_zpsnhmixi51.jpg

i could almost call this a roller:39: missing allot ! , yet i could ride it , feels awesome to finally sit on it and hold the bars:happy:
DSCN6607_zpsw3hhmkbb.jpg

my flap wheel is worn out dead so i stopped metal work for the day ,so i switched to putting some fiberglass bondo over some of the joints .

and just for fun ...
DSCN6609_zpsdksyttw0.jpg

I just had a chance to catch up on this build. Man, it is cool to see your vision for a custom cycle truck come to life. I knew that you had some "out of the box ideas" from some of your other projects...but you are definitely putting the fun in funky on this one. Nice :41:

Great work on the stays! That cargo bed really gives us a chance to see your vision....looks good! Wondering about the bars....I could see a more 'pull back' style...help to steady the load and fit your curves....
cargobike.jpg

Great work on the stays! That cargo bed really gives us a chance to see your vision....looks good! Wondering about the bars....I could see a more 'pull back' style...help to steady the load and fit your curves....
View attachment 25384

Thanks :) Yeah the bars are non official , ill have to find bars that fit 7/8 stem or change the stem .. all that will be decided when ill be abble to pedal it ... i tried a set like the picture , but my knees hit the bars when turning since i have to turn more to make a turn cause of the rake .. not the most ergonomic bars when you wana crank on a bike too .. well see

Last edited:
@ Big Ape:
I like to be different , i can't help my self but to analyze everything i see and try to think of how i can make it better 'form and fonction' :nerd:

@ LukeTheJoker:
Yeah , i am more than happy of how it turned out , way better than i imagined and far better than my initial template:smug:

@ SkyknightJohn:
The Noisy/Dusty/time consuming way yes! ... gotta do what you gotta do ... not even sure i could have bent this kind of tubing without squishing it even with a proper bender .. worth the effort! , but would not do this everyday ;)

Thanks guys !:)

Well , Mid tube is finally in!
DSCN6611_zpsvnkzejhm.jpg

Rear drillium brake mount :)
decide to mount the brakes upside down under the stays to hide it ,
the mounting plate hide nicely the under side of the brake
DSCN6612_zps6zzmmjnd.jpg
DSCN6613_zpshmf8k7wa.jpg

Also started the rack , 32''long x 24''wide :cool: this use to be table legs:giggle:
DSCN6610_zpsvkhmj3as.jpg

Latest posts

Back