1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice

has any one ever seen a FLEETWING bicycle

Discussion in 'FRESH FINDS' started by tin machine, Aug 30, 2011.

1. tin machine

tin machine

bought this fleetwing tank , thought it looked cool , held it up to a cwc frame and looked like it would fit nicely , does any one have a fleetwing bike ? and any pictures ? who made it ? thanks in advance . tin man [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Chips_Mahoy

Chips_Mahoy

I have one but dont think that tank would go to it. Look in my Fotki albums in the link below for a pic of it.

3. SimpleMan

SimpleMan

I've seen Fleetwing badged CWC bikes.........that looks to be a Columbia tank.

4. Unchained

Unchained

That is indeed a Columbia tank. The whole bike might have looked like this guy, which I formerly owned:

[​IMG]

5. Jaxon

Jaxon

What is that columbia worth in that condition? Any idea would be appreciated. Thanks....Jaxon

6. Unchained

Unchained

Well, I sold it for $300 + shipping on ebay, but that buyer backed out. The second buyer (who now owns the bike) paid $250 + shipping.

I can get you other detailed pictures of the bike if they would be helpful? It was a really, really nice O.G. bike. Like NOS.

7. tin machine

tin machine

that is a very nice bike , i have never seen one ,this is why ratrodbikes is a great site were eles would you ever get to see such vintage bikes maybe never very cool !!!! thanks tin man

8. SCHWINNRAY69

SCHWINNRAY69

I think that is a girls tank :wink: It looks like unchained's tank but it is to small. There will be a gap between the two bars. It might fit...I don't know. I tried a tank off a girls bike on my boys frame and that was the problem I had :wink: Cool find by the way :mrgreen:

9. Unchained

Unchained

Good info! I didn't know about that.