Hardley Davison

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I've had an idea for a bike that looks like a 1930s Harley for a few years, and I've slowly been collecting parts for the build. It has evolved over the years, as originally, I was going to even include a faux-motor on it, made out of actual V-twin cylinders that I have since decided would just be heavy and unnecessary (anyone need two cylinders? I had already bought some at a swap meet when I threw out the idea). It will be a scratch built frame, with all vintage parts, a great majority of which are motorcycle parts.

Here's the final sketch:
IMG_E7290.JPG

And here's some of the parts laid out:
IMG_7438.JPG

I love the idea, but I am confused with the drawing on that board. Are You going to use the design from the first picture or the one from the second picture?

The drawing on the plywood is just my generic frame outline so that I have the dimensions I like. It won't really reflect this particular bike.

Because I'm using so many odd parts, and so many different sizes of tubing and piping, I can't build this the usual way on my workbench. This is going to have to be built very slowly, in a specific order. Here's the ends of the exhaust pipes tacked in place.
IMG_7579.JPG

IMG_7581.JPG

Time for a major update. The last few days, I've really pushed to get the frame together, and tacked up. It was very difficult, as using so many different tubing and pipe sizes, coupled with the odd sized exhaust pipes, etc., means that I ended up tacking, then cutting it apart, then tacking, then adjusting again, over and over until I was happy with alignment. Plus, I had to change my design a bit as I saw what was going to work for me, and what wasn't.

Anyway, it's together now, and ready to move forward with all the details to make it more motorcycle-like. I can't tell you how happy I am with the way this is looking. I'm stoked.
IMG_7646.JPG

IMG_7649.JPG

IMG_7650.JPG

IMG_7651.JPG

You're not the only one who is stoked! I can't even begin to imagine how much work you put into aligning this piece of art, but every second of it was worth the effort!
Can't push enough like buttons so...
a42b20065cd3594b0108cc4817f3360a.gif

Gesendet von meinem K00E mit Tapatalk

I bought a motorcycle split tank some months ago at a local motorcycle swap, and I decided to cut it narrower to make it better for a bicycle. I had to cut it at a weird angle, in order to reduce the width, but NOT reduce the profile size. It took some funny angles, but I got it.
IMG_7440.JPG

IMG_7442.JPG

IMG_7660.JPG

IMG_7661.JPG

IMG_7662.JPG

Latest posts

Back