HARD LUCK (7/30 done final update)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HARD LUCK (7/5 pinstriping eyeball redo and lettering )

yoothgeye said:
Looks decent... you know we were allowed to get professional pinstriping/lettering this year right? :lol: :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
Looks sick!

Fantastic recovery. Those colors are looking awesome with the frame.

UN...BE...LIEVABLE!!!

No words, just a question (typical ,right?) What's the white stuff you sketch you design with first? Chalk? Grease pencil? Magic Wand dust?

Cheers,
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
No words, just a question (typical ,right?) What's the white stuff you sketch you design with first? Chalk? Grease pencil? Magic Wand dust?

I was wondering too, perhaps pixie dust?

got a ton of pinstriping done today and since i am going with a late 60's vibe it will have a ton. thanks for the comments on the lettering i was flipping through a rebel rods mag and found a pic of all things a falcon gasser with this style writing and figured i could pull it off. now then did anyone notice i forgot the orange accent lines on the k? oops. oh and as for the pencil i prefer no 2. i will leave you all hanging for a bit but jen what i used for this is not what we normally use as mine was gone and had to run to the rite aid to find something that would work. guess what i used, although to ask a chick pin head this is totally one sided.

karfer67 said:
got a ton of pinstriping done today and since i am going with a late 60's vibe it will have a ton. thanks for the comments on the lettering i was flipping through a rebel rods mag and found a pic of all things a falcon gasser with this style writing and figured i could pull it off. now then did anyone notice i forgot the orange accent lines on the k? oops. oh and as for the pencil i prefer no 2. i will leave you all hanging for a bit but jen what i used for this is not what we normally use as mine was gone and had to run to the rite aid to find something that would work. guess what i used, although to ask a chick pin head this is totally one sided.
hahaha i can think of 2 things .. but one would not be sold at a rie aid so im going with a white eyeliner pencil ? hahaha .. other then that and it not being our typical "magic wand dust" it could of been a sewers white chalk pencil ... :)

typically i use a stibilo pencil but you nailed it with a white eye pencil gotta love wet and wild for 99 cents. a note for those taking notes dont use a white crayon or white color pencil you wont like the results.

The pinstriping looks awesome! 8)

Thanks for sharing your white-writing secret.
I might have to ask my wife to pick it up for me though :lol:

MplsCoaster said:
The pinstriping looks awesome! 8)

Thanks for sharing your white-writing secret.
I might have to ask my wife to pick it up for me though :lol:

Come on man, you can buy it too, you just have to call it guyliner.

What can I say? The tank, the colour and the eyeball all look great. Can't wait to see the rest. 8)

total redemption on the flying eyeball!! 8)

before I got my 1st stabillo, I would use a white charcoal pencil(lightly!) and after the 1shot dried just wipe it off with a clean towel and some simple green :mrgreen: even works on rattle can paint jobs!

the eyeliner trick is great! yet another gem I've picked up from you :mrgreen: thanks bud!

guyliner :mrgreen: i cant believe nobody else thought that was funny.

X-RAY said:
guyliner :mrgreen: i cant believe nobody else thought that was funny.

brother.... we're from California...... just sayin' :wink:

Love the flyball & the lettering makes me want to have ago on cooler-corona :?:
x-ray I thought it was funny ! :lol:

going to try and work the impossible and get it not done but rideable for second sat. we will see

I NEED A RIDE LOL the thought of laying her down in the falcon gives me nightmares. welding up the drop outs on the fork as i type no time to post pics sry guys.

saw this bike in person tonight for the 2nd Saturday gathering 8)
if there is any doubt in your mind that "HARD LUCK" isn't a rideable bike.....
she's a rider! she's a runner! :mrgreen:
great work Adam! and sooooo many great little details too!

remember..... hands @ 10 & 2 :shock: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back