HARD LUCK (7/30 done final update)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HARD LUCK (updated 5/18 FRAME SHMOOTHING)

The parts in question now have a big enough hole to continue.

lookin good! cant wait to see what youve got goin on for them forks! 8)

sorry for the gap in updates i finally got my roth reaper back from powder coat so i have been working to get that one going along side this bike. anyways as mentioned martian was nice enough to bring by a 9/16 drill bit so i could fit the front legs of the fork. here is where i am at
004-10.jpg

009-4.jpg

now keep in mind the rear main legs will be shorter and not this long. this is all just so i can take a look at it and see where things will sit

oh and while organizing my junk yard of bikes i found these sitting in the mud. a little cleaning and some oil and they were good to go

005-11.jpg

Re: HARD LUCK (updated 5/22 fork work and pedals)

A BUILD OFF BIKE ,AND A SHOW BIKE AT THE SAME TIME :!: WHATS UP PREZ. YOU COULDN'T FIND TIME TO LEAVE TO GET A DRILL BIT OUR CLUB BROTHER MARTIAN HAD TO BRING YOU ONE :?:

lol bighit neither can i :shock:

There is definitely "something" wrong with you! :lol: ...I can't even imagine where this is going. I like people that have "something" wrong, they create the COOLEST things in the world. The only advice I'd like to give on this bike: "Don't go to a Dr.....Don't take any medications....And KEEP building some of the BEST stuff on this site! :lol: :lol: :wink:

KOTA said:
There is definitely "something" wrong with you! :lol: ...I can't even imagine where this is going. I like people that have "something" wrong, they create the COOLEST things in the world. The only advice I'd like to give on this bike: "Don't go to a Dr.....Don't take any medications....And KEEP building some of the BEST stuff on this site! :lol: :lol: :wink:

only meds are some papst beer thats it. thanks for the kind words sorry no pics but i did get to start laying out the lower rockers and the shape. but this weekend is nuts my show hands helping hands is a few weeks away and i still have to build 8 trophies, get my roth done for behind the bars, and oh yea greg's wedding is sun so got that coming. after sun things will be a bit more quiet and i will be able to get back on it and yea kota if anything it will be different.....not sure if it will in a good way but different.

Hey man love where the builds is going can't wait to see another update

well it is raining today so i cant really do the stuff i wanted to but i can get some stuff done on the build off bike. gotta clear off my porch so i can weld. if anyone sees a house fire on the five o clock news today in galt u know what happend :shock:

well i went at it fangs bared today with the intent to get it on her two wheels to kinda at least show that i am not totally insane. first off i had to deal with the lower rockers. these dictate where the front axle path sits as well as the front part of the fork. so i went to work
006-11.jpg

after i tacked them i needed to get the spring actually bolted to the upper crown. a issue i ran into was i used the holes in the steering wheel as a guide when i drilled the holes in the crown. this was not an issue till i tried to put the bolts through and wadda u know all sorts of issues with the upper cup. easy enough delt with just step the bolts into the crown a bit
007-10.jpg

008-7.jpg

here you can see better what i was talking about.

009-5.jpg

010-8.jpg

sometimes even i look at what i am building and wonder where i am going with it or will it work at all

011-6.jpg

after drilling the holes in the rocker i bolted one side on temp to see how it would work. yes the rocker will end up more shaped than just a rectangle this is just to see if my length is in the ball park

012-5.jpg

today is a land mark for this bike first time it is actually on tires and not 2x4. however even though the rockers are almost double as long as what i did on the hooligan they are not long enough and the tire hits the lower crown bad. it is one of those "hmmmmm that looked like it would work" moments. its all good i went out and got another long piece and new longer rockers will be built which will push the front out another at least 2 inches but i think i am gonna go for broke and go 4 inches.

013-4.jpg

015-4.jpg

messing around with the headlight

014-5.jpg

yea she is that low

Re: HARD LUCK (6/4 ON HER TIRES BIG OL UPDATE)

GENIUS!....I like "low"....Bike is looking real MEAN (even with that seat :wink: ). That frame looks great slammed!

Latest posts

Back