1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There is a solution for the broken Photobucket image issue on forums. If you use Firefox or Chrome, go into the Extensions (Chrome) or Add-Ons (Firefox) and search for "Photobucket Embed Fix" - it will have an icon that looks like a green piece from a jigsaw puzzle. Install the extension/add-on, restart your browser (Chrome) and you should be able to see all of the Photbucket images again.
    Dismiss Notice

HARD LUCK (7/30 done final update)

Discussion in 'BUILD OFF 6 BIKES' started by karfer67, May 2, 2011.

1. karfer67

karfer67

Re: HARD LUCK (updated 5/14 fork work and seat)

my wife says +1 for the flake seat to go with the 60's kustom vibe thiss bike has going. darn thiss means a color change on the frame and various parts.

2. American Vintage Bicycle Supply

American Vintage Bicycle Supply Double Nickle Moderator

please go leather, please go leather...

Just my $0.03 :wink:

3. karfer67

karfer67

lol is there a hint of sarcasm in there buddy? mmmm go with the flake seat and pinstripe the whole underside of the pan....hmmmmmm

4. herr_rudolf

herr_rudolf

I love leather, but that vinyl seat looks HOT! Different yet traditional. It goes perfectly well with a 60's theme. So does the steering wheel... It's starting to remind me of one of my alltime favorite customs/hotrods...

[​IMG]
    ^ The Ala Kart!

5. American Vintage Bicycle Supply

American Vintage Bicycle Supply Double Nickle Moderator

No I really ment go leather. Unless you matched the paint to the seat and then put it on a 7 post...

I changed my mind, Go with the flake seat.

6. karfer67

karfer67

well you all know i love old famous hot rods so yea i like to give a nod to them when i can in my bikes. double nickle you nailed it on the head because of this seat i have to do a full color change on what i was going to do on the frame. oops oh well thats how it goes.
    its going to probably end up being a tribute bike but not sticking to any one car to tribute to. ala kart came to mind when i started the build but funny enough i was going to base the paint off of roth's outlaw. so we will see where this one goes now i gotta get a big enough drill bit to take care of the front part of the fork.

7. stocksucks

stocksucks

Super cool bike man.
    Thanks

8. karfer67

karfer67

thanks bro working on it now in fact i gotta get back to work. had to run out and get a bigger drill bit to do the fork. oh toooo bad new tools :D and i had a beer moment last night you will see later :shock:

9. karfer67

karfer67

rain sucks totally sucks so i was not able to do any grinding like i wanted to. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

10. stocksucks

stocksucks

Last night over here it felt like the end of days man... In about 5 minutes my yard was flooded. I saw lightnings that made the night look like day, and the thunder that followed took about 2 or 3 secs to be heard and made my windows and first floor (made of wood) shake like H#$$
    I was scared to death bro!

11. KOTA

KOTA

If you could get the profile, that's in your pics, with a triple tree fork. That will be WILD!. Typical "over the top" karfer build. Fun watching!

12. karfer67

karfer67

[​IMG]

the weather held out just long enough to get some other things done. since i figured out how i wass going to to mount the seat it left the area under it open and it bugged me. so figured i would shmooth the frame a bit

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    sanded the frame where the filler will go and my dog drip approved.
    [​IMG]
    funny how many times do you put together and take apart a bike before it is done?
    [​IMG]
    tack welded in place ready for filler

the fork is battling me i need a bigger drill bit thought 1/2 would do it but i was wrong the ford rocker is slightly larger diameter so i have to go buy one. thats why no real updates on the fork i have to get the front legs mounted before i can figure out the lower rockers and where that all will sit.

13. A.S.BOLTNUT

A.S.BOLTNUT # 1 Seller !

Re: HARD LUCK (updated 5/18 FRAME SHMOOTHING)

Love the Direction yer goin with ., the fork is very intriguing can't wait too see wat you come up with , so i'm left a little corn fused which seat are you goin with ? :? i was diggin that Glitter job !

14. karfer67

karfer67

not a sticking point at all but it is a focal point of the bike so it has to be done in stages. i need a bigger drill bit to drill the top holes so i am on hold with that part. so figured i would get something else done till i got the cash for the drill bit.

the seat will be the flake seat for sure but when i mocked it the first time i had it just sitting there now i have it mounted and it sat higher making the plate needed.

15. stocksucks

stocksucks

Gonna be freakin awsome!

16. Petrohead

Petrohead

This is that build where I can't wait to see whats gonna happen next. The suspense is killing me!

17. xddorox

xddorox

Great build so far. Love the suspense. :)

18. M.Martian

M.Martian

I'm not sure off hand what sizes I have, but I've got a couple bits that are larger than 1/2". I'm going to be going to Whitewall's on saturday in Lodi and can bring the bits with me to drop off with you.

19. Fireproof

Fireproof

Smack dab in the middle of the "land of fruits & n

Lookin' good Karfer! :)
    And Martian, way to help out . . . you're allright in my book! 8)

20. karfer67

karfer67

thanks means a lot. i am getting there on the fork but it has to be right so that means a lot of measuring. i really dont feel like making more than one set of rockers for it and these will be HUGE.

sent ya a pm this is whats holding me up maybe next time i will measure the hole before asuming i have the right size.