HARD LUCK (7/30 done final update)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HARD LUCK (updated 5/14 fork work and seat)

my wife says +1 for the flake seat to go with the 60's kustom vibe thiss bike has going. darn thiss means a color change on the frame and various parts.

karfer67 said:
my wife says +1 for the flake seat to go with the 60's kustom vibe thiss bike has going. darn thiss means a color change on the frame and various parts.
please go leather, please go leather...

Just my $0.03 :wink:

lol is there a hint of sarcasm in there buddy? mmmm go with the flake seat and pinstripe the whole underside of the pan....hmmmmmm

I love leather, but that vinyl seat looks HOT! Different yet traditional. It goes perfectly well with a 60's theme. So does the steering wheel... It's starting to remind me of one of my alltime favorite customs/hotrods...

alakart.jpg

^ The Ala Kart!

karfer67 said:
lol is there a hint of sarcasm in there buddy? mmmm go with the flake seat and pinstripe the whole underside of the pan....hmmmmmm
No I really ment go leather. Unless you matched the paint to the seat and then put it on a 7 post...

I changed my mind, Go with the flake seat.

well you all know i love old famous hot rods so yea i like to give a nod to them when i can in my bikes. double nickle you nailed it on the head because of this seat i have to do a full color change on what i was going to do on the frame. oops oh well thats how it goes.
herr_rudolf said:
I love leather, but that vinyl seat looks HOT! Different yet traditional. It goes perfectly well with a 60's theme. So does the steering wheel... It's starting to remind me of one of my alltime favorite customs/hotrods...

alakart.jpg

^ The Ala Kart!

its going to probably end up being a tribute bike but not sticking to any one car to tribute to. ala kart came to mind when i started the build but funny enough i was going to base the paint off of roth's outlaw. so we will see where this one goes now i gotta get a big enough drill bit to take care of the front part of the fork.

thanks bro working on it now in fact i gotta get back to work. had to run out and get a bigger drill bit to do the fork. oh toooo bad new tools :D and i had a beer moment last night you will see later :shock:

rain sucks totally sucks so i was not able to do any grinding like i wanted to. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Last night over here it felt like the end of days man... In about 5 minutes my yard was flooded. I saw lightnings that made the night look like day, and the thunder that followed took about 2 or 3 secs to be heard and made my windows and first floor (made of wood) shake like H#$$
I was scared to death bro!

If you could get the profile, that's in your pics, with a triple tree fork. That will be WILD!. Typical "over the top" karfer build. Fun watching!

001-10.jpg

the weather held out just long enough to get some other things done. since i figured out how i wass going to to mount the seat it left the area under it open and it bugged me. so figured i would shmooth the frame a bit

002-10.jpg

003-11.jpg

004-9.jpg

sanded the frame where the filler will go and my dog drip approved.
005-10.jpg

funny how many times do you put together and take apart a bike before it is done?
006-9.jpg

tack welded in place ready for filler

the fork is battling me i need a bigger drill bit thought 1/2 would do it but i was wrong the ford rocker is slightly larger diameter so i have to go buy one. thats why no real updates on the fork i have to get the front legs mounted before i can figure out the lower rockers and where that all will sit.

Re: HARD LUCK (updated 5/18 FRAME SHMOOTHING)

Love the Direction yer goin with ., the fork is very intriguing can't wait too see wat you come up with , so i'm left a little corn fused which seat are you goin with ? :? i was diggin that Glitter job !

bighit said:
Forks seem to be a sticking point.

not a sticking point at all but it is a focal point of the bike so it has to be done in stages. i need a bigger drill bit to drill the top holes so i am on hold with that part. so figured i would get something else done till i got the cash for the drill bit.

A.S.BOLTNUT said:
Love the Direction yer goin with ., the fork is very intriguing can't wait too see wat you come up with , so i'm left a little corn fused which seat are you goin with ? :? i was diggin that Glitter job !

the seat will be the flake seat for sure but when i mocked it the first time i had it just sitting there now i have it mounted and it sat higher making the plate needed.

This is that build where I can't wait to see whats gonna happen next. The suspense is killing me!

I'm not sure off hand what sizes I have, but I've got a couple bits that are larger than 1/2". I'm going to be going to Whitewall's on saturday in Lodi and can bring the bits with me to drop off with you.

Petrohead said:
This is that build where I can't wait to see whats gonna happen next. The suspense is killing me!

thanks means a lot. i am getting there on the fork but it has to be right so that means a lot of measuring. i really dont feel like making more than one set of rockers for it and these will be HUGE.

M.Martian said:
I'm not sure off hand what sizes I have, but I've got a couple bits that are larger than 1/2". I'm going to be going to Whitewall's on saturday in Lodi and can bring the bits with me to drop off with you.

sent ya a pm this is whats holding me up maybe next time i will measure the hole before asuming i have the right size.

Latest posts

Back