HARD LUCK (7/30 done final update)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HARD LUCK (update 5/4)

dude, yer sick...in a good way.

Re: HARD LUCK (updated 5/9 mo mock up)

OOH YAHH im picking up on what yer puttin DOWN !,, i'm also Diggin the small steering wheel , had one exactly like it on my first car :) made it much easier to drive with hand cuffs on ! :wink:

herr_rudolf said:
Man...
You always manage to surprise us withe you builds.... :shock:
Don't know how well it will handle but it sure does look pretty cool. 8)

i had a very similar set up mocked up on another bike and it steered amazingly well. for any who are wondering the steering wheel is a 1960's go kart wheel that was NOS when i got it. no more i had to make the center hole much larger to clear the fork.
beatcad said:
dude, yer sick...in a good way.

yes i am wait there will be more to come very soon.

A.S.BOLTNUT said:
OOH YAHH im picking up on what yer puttin DOWN !,, i'm also Diggin the small steering wheel , had one exactly like it on my first car :) made it much easier to drive with hand cuffs on ! :wink:

was going to put this wheel on my falcon but it is hard enough to steer with the 13 inch moon eyes wheel i have now and i drive it way too much for this one. thanks for the comments i respect you all very highly i know i am building slow.

thanks bro more to come real soon this on will be on the edge of the box for sure. i just hope i can hang

Send me the fork, and a can of "spinach", I'll bend it for ya. :lol: ...How about a suicide knob for the steering wheel, one with a fifties pin up girl.

oh yea you know it will have a suicide knob of some sort just have not gotten there yet. once i get the rest of the fork done it will make more sense or ummmm maybe not as per usual with my builds. anyways got my AA emblem wrapped up and a few other pics just for good measure/

001-8.jpg

oh yea and i am real proud of that plate i promised more 67 in the build well here ya go. it is an NOS reg plate from watsonville ca which back in the day was a hub for dragracing.

002-8.jpg

003-9.jpg

Re: HARD LUCK (updated 5/12 got parts?)

Double Nickle said:
That makes about 4 of us that are using that same unity light!

I noticed that too....I had one in my parts pile at the start of this thing, but it's not going to make the cut now.

yea there are a few in the build off but thats cool. ok where are the og guys i looked at the frame hooch entered and it looks a lot like mine. is it an elgin not a colson? working out the fork i want it just right so it will work but still be in the weeds.

Rockit! said:
Double Nickle said:
That makes about 4 of us that are using that same unity light!

I noticed that too....I had one in my parts pile at the start of this thing, but it's not going to make the cut now.
i used an s&m thak you :mrgreen: im really intruiged by this front end. keep it goin

thanks well it will either work of come crashing down in a ball of flames. oh and i have an s&m light too i liked this one cause it was a fog light

while figuring out the front legs for the fork i was not content with using straight tubing it did not look right at all so i hunted through my junk pile and found this

001-9.jpg

002-9.jpg

bingo there ya go perfect nice curve and the length is close enough to work. this fork was pretty trashed anyways so sorry if anyone gets mad at me for cutting it up. however i did not have a drill bit long enough to do the upper holes so i moved onto something else.....trying to figure out the seat. could go with this...

006-7.jpg

007-8.jpg

or this.....hmmmmm or trash em both and figure something else out

004-8.jpg

005-9.jpg

Latest posts

Back