HARD LUCK (7/30 done final update)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HARD LUCK (7/14 pinstriping insanity, bells, licence plate)

AARRRGGGHHH!!!(CHARLIE BROWN SCREAM) YA KILLIN' ME !! :mrgreen:

Sweet freaking ride!
I think you missed a spot witht he striping! Just one spot though. :p

Hey Karfer67,

Thanks for posting the pics.
It's Stunning!!!!! 8)
You've got major talent!

kingfish254 said:
Sweet freaking ride!
I think you missed a spot witht he striping! Just one spot though. :p

yea i did not want to cover all that flakky goodness

Kuttnhack said:
How in the heck can we compete with that?

ray stop it lol

I swear when you (and a couple others here) start your builds and I see your parts and hear your ideas and it's like good grief what kind of goofy, whacky monstrosity are you planning on building :lol: :roll: Guess I have no vision. I've learned to have faith though, you always pull it together in to something amazing with class. You are truly a talented fella.

well joe it started with the frame and the rear half of the fork. then i remembered the steering wheel in a moment looking round my room and it clicked. but to make it look right the front end had to be low...real low. so thats what i did. got a few more things done last night she is real close and all i can say is she has lived up to her name for sure

love all the striping bike is coming into its own. you have done a great job once again. 8)

down to the details. first up the fork caps which i used some door knob pulls a friend gave to me

100_3174.jpg

100_3173.jpg

center cap for the steering wheel. this one may change but i had to cover it with ssomething for now

100_3172.jpg

hub shiners i made out of a belt that my neighbor was throwing away. added the dice just to keep that theme going. oh and i forgot to take a pic of the front one trust me its there too

100_3177.jpg

better pic of the tank

100_3176.jpg

so close

100_3175.jpg

Re: HARD LUCK (7/16 door knobs and more dice!!)

You and those door knobs...if I'm not mistaking a few door pullers made it on your last build off bike...hmmmm. Looks sick bro!

Hey Karfer67,

Thanks for posting more pics.

The details and the style are incredible!

The steering wheel is off the charts.

Nice job.

How did you mount the steering wheel, I have been wanting to do that for awhile.

if you go back to page two of the build i show how i did it. really it was pretty simple drilled the center hole a bit larger and used two of the holes that were already in the wheel as a guide and drilled two holes into the top crown. with this wheel i did have to counter sink the bolts into the crown from the bottom so that they would clear the headset. i will say though it is not for the faint of heart you will also notice i am using the steering wheel as a stressed member to hold the spring in place too. this was needed because of the fork and how low i wanted the front end as a spring mounted to the lower crown was not going to work. but in the end i like the flow of it how it ended up matching the curve of the top tube.

thanks to all who have commented so far this is the first bike i have built out of the new house basically built on my porch and painted out side cause i have no garage now. i really wanted to challenge myself with this one and do something that is out of the ordinary of what i am known to do. not sure if it will hurt me doing a painted bike but i still think it is a rat at heart built out of scrounged up junk from the pile and a few parts i have gathered for the last few years. have a few more details to take care of like painting the kickstand and finishing the mount that will keep it up when riding. and yea i think i am gonna leave the chain rusty :mrgreen:

WOW! I can't stop STARING at it...This is the most "HOT ROD" bike I've ever seen. Should NOT be ridden, to nice......You did it again.

wow adam its awsome wow speechless your best work ever killer bike bro wow dam holy crap sweet smooth bitchn all those cool words still cant define it its perfect bro :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D :D :D :D :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :) :D :D

Latest posts

Back