HARD LUCK (7/30 done final update)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HARD LUCK (7/5 pinstriping eyeball redo and lettering )

MY WIFE WENT TO PICK ADAM UP FOR THE RIDE TODAY ,AND HE WAS STILL WELDING ON THE BIKE WHEN SHE PULLED UP.THE BIKE GOT TO THE MEETING SPOT FOR THE RIDE.SACRAMENTO HAS A BIG BIKE SCEAN WITH ANY WHERE FROM 70 TO OVER A 100 BIKES OUT ON THE RIDES,AND THIS BIKE SPENT ALOT OF THAT TIME IN THE FRONT OF THE PACK.PEDAL GRINDERS RIDE WHAT THEY BUILD .THIS BIKE STAYS TRUE TO THE CLUB NAME IT IS A PEDAL GRINDER .IT WENT THE HOLE RIDE WITH NO BREAK DOWNS .WE WILL POST PIXS.SORRY ADAM NOW I NEED TO BLAST YOU :p THANKS TO MY WIFE ADAM NOW KNOWS HOW TO STRAP A BIKE DOWN IN THE BACK OF A TRUCK THE RITE WAY.

HARD LUCK (7/5 pinstriping eyeball redo and lettering )

Hard Luck was looking sweet last night! I must have been in the back of the pack cus I never saw Adam riding it.. Anyway, congrats on getting it finished up for the ride!!

Critter1 said:
Hard Luck was looking sweet last night! I must have been in the back of the pack cus I never saw Adam riding it.. Anyway, congrats on getting it finished up for the ride!!

Adam was all over the pack with it. Most of the time up near the front and sometimes pulling traffic detail. I think the ride ended up being maybe 5-10 miles by the time we were done at the end of the night. Definitely a ride, one you have to pay attention while riding, but a rider none the less.

yes it is twitchy i wont lie but rideable yes she is and i only grinded the pedals a few times nothing bad. hey i am the president of the pedal grinders after all gotta have a bike with low pedals. i was just glad everything held together as it was way untested but she worked flawlessly i cant be more pleased. still have a bunch of detail things to do on it but at least she rides.

Critter1 said:
Hard Luck was looking sweet last night!!
I agree!!! 8)

M.Martian said:
I think the ride ended up being maybe 5-10 miles by the time we were done at the end of the night. . .
According to my odometer, we rode 10.5 miles and Hard Luck was right there fer all of them! 8)

BTW Karfer, that thing that fell out of the back of the truck when Greg did the burn-out was NOT a part from your bike. :roll: :lol:

IF IT FALLS OUT OR OFF WE DON'T WANT IT .YOU CAN DO THAT WHEN YOU STRAP A BIKE DOWN RITE. :roll: I THINK PROSPECTS SHOULD RIDE HARD LUCK FOR A FULL RIDE BEFOR WE CAN EVEN THINK ABOUT VOTING THEM IN.

Fireproof said:
Critter1 said:
Hard Luck was looking sweet last night!!
I agree!!! 8)

M.Martian said:
I think the ride ended up being maybe 5-10 miles by the time we were done at the end of the night. . .
According to my odometer, we rode 10.5 miles and Hard Luck was right there fer all of them! 8)

BTW Karfer, that thing that fell out of the back of the truck when Greg did the burn-out was NOT a part from your bike. :roll: :lol:

what fell out of his truck? and thanks mark for going with me on the test ride i had to figure her out somewhat before the ride.
stocksucks said:
I saw the pics back on pedal grinders forum.
It's gonna be a winner. Congratulations on a really fine bike.

thanks bro now its down to the details. i took pics but did not have the memory card in so i have to take new ones later grrrr

greg66 said:
MY WIFE WENT TO PICK ADAM UP FOR THE RIDE TODAY ,AND HE WAS STILL WELDING ON THE BIKE WHEN SHE PULLED UP.THE BIKE GOT TO THE MEETING SPOT FOR THE RIDE.SACRAMENTO HAS A BIG BIKE SCEAN WITH ANY WHERE FROM 70 TO OVER A 100 BIKES OUT ON THE RIDES,AND THIS BIKE SPENT ALOT OF THAT TIME IN THE FRONT OF THE PACK.PEDAL GRINDERS RIDE WHAT THEY BUILD .THIS BIKE STAYS TRUE TO THE CLUB NAME IT IS A PEDAL GRINDER .IT WENT THE HOLE RIDE WITH NO BREAK DOWNS .WE WILL POST PIXS.SORRY ADAM NOW I NEED TO BLAST YOU :p THANKS TO MY WIFE ADAM NOW KNOWS HOW TO STRAP A BIKE DOWN IN THE BACK OF A TRUCK THE RITE WAY.
Had to laugh about the wife and strapping down, I am guilty of this, I tried to rig up my roof rack off the Toyota to fit the wagon last year, and I get this call from my wife, sounded a little upset , I guess the rack flew off the car going 55 and the car behind had to swerve to avoid it sliding down the highway. This is why my wife is a keeper, she walked back and grabbed the rack ,stuffed it in back and drove to Kmart, where she overheard the woman talking about some stupd %$**(*&%^ that dropped this rack off her car right in front..... my wife left a little early from Kmart. :oops:

i have not lost a bike yet but yea she showed me how its done lol

karfer67 said:
. . . what fell out of his truck?
Don’t concern yer self about it . . . jus' a big ol’ bag containing an undisclosed amount of U.S. currency! :p

karfer67 said:
. . . and thanks mark for going with me on the test ride i had to figure her out somewhat before the ride.
It was my pleasure . . . I enjoy seein’ real, live test pilots in action . . . fearless, brave, and simply cheatin’ death! :wink:

oh no was it her handlebar bag that came off? i remember a long time ago i had my ranchero at a show with the higgins and the lucky 7 in the back. everyone was going burn outs going out so i said why not? someone had put water down so it was easy to get going. i had a lot of wheel speed and a few beers in me so i speed shifted to second and did a second gear burnout too. then i remembered the bikes were in the back, lucky for me they were safe.
Fireproof said:
karfer67 said:
. . . what fell out of his truck?
Don’t concern yer self about it . . . jus' a big ol’ bag containing an undisclosed amount of U.S. currency! :p

karfer67 said:
. . . and thanks mark for going with me on the test ride i had to figure her out somewhat before the ride.
It was my pleasure . . . I enjoy seein’ real, live test pilots in action . . . fearless, brave, and simply cheatin’ death! :wink:

mark your too kind i would have said "crash test dummy"

Your bike looks awesome!

Please post some pics.
I went to the Pedal Grinders website to look it up.
It deserves to be here too.

The fork it so radical! 8)
Really inventive.
It gives your bike a cool stance.

Congrats on the ride.
It looked fun!

You gonna make us wait till Cyclefest to see updates of your new karfer kreation? I'm diggin it so far.

ok ok here ya go i was slamming to get it all done for cyclefest but there may be a few details to deal with after the fact. so i will start with my licence plate mount which started as a scrap bracket i found in the treasure pile.

002-19.jpg

003-19.jpg

and sorry i did not get a pic of it all done before i mounted it so here it is mounted on the bike
001-18.jpg

004-16.jpg

for those who know i love sneaky pistriping.

005-16.jpg

i contemplated a suicide knob on this but i gotta be honest just riding this thing the whole steering wheel is a bit like one. so to give the sense of one i put the bell on the wheel and note the drilled matching dice which puts it perfectly where my thumb is when ridding.

007-15.jpg

added a few things to the tank the open ends were bothering me and oh yea whats a 60's style build without a starburst or two?

008-11.jpg

yes folks the other side is done too

more pinstriping. after i took these i realized i did not point out all what i have done. remember i said my memory card had problems.

009-9.jpg

this is the spring and this is the top side
012-8.jpg

and this is the bottom

013-6.jpg

went simple on the rockers they are crazy enough so some simple long lines were all i wanted

011-9.jpg

headbadge

014-7.jpg

015-6.jpg

downtube on the bottom side. sorry i am tired i know these pics suck

016-3.jpg

017-4.jpg

top tube which for some reason on this bike was a huge challenge iduno why

Re: HARD LUCK (7/14 pinstriping insanity, bells, licence plate)

C 8) 8) L striping :!: :!: :!:
Do you ever visit the UK cos I got a couple of little jobs for ya :lol: :lol:

How in the heck can we compete with that?

Amazing detail; loving the pinstripe work! Looks like a winner for sure.

Latest posts

Back