1. In an effort to create a new clean RRB email newsletter list we're asking folks to re-subscribe. Don't miss out on the latest news, products and reviews. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE!

Hard at work

Discussion in 'THE OTHER TALK' started by udallcustombikes, Jan 12, 2010.

1. udallcustombikes

udallcustombikes Moderator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I couldn't find a thread where we could share the way we pay for this obsession so I thought I would share what I do. I am an Overhead Crane operator in a airplane factory. We build planes and components for Boeing mainly, but we get some business from Airbus, Raytheon, Skiorsky (sp.) among others. When I am not running the crane, I am maintaining our fleet of 35 or so bikes that we use to get around the plant. You can see a few in the first pic. I am in the crane holding the nose of the Boeing 737 in the pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Let's see what everyone else does to pay the bills

Moderators: If there is already a "jobs" thread, please accept my appologies and move this to that thread.

2. Chainsaw

Chainsaw

0   0   0

So why haven't we seen a winged tallbike come outta your shop? Or a slammed and stretched Boeing buritto? Come on man, get with the program! :lol:

3. udallcustombikes

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The only one I have done any custom work on is my own. We have to share bikes between 3 shifts, or most of the guys do. Mine had been pilfered and taken to another building for about 8 months before I found it and brought it back. By that time the guys that had been riding it had other bikes they rode so I got this one to myself. I don't have access to a welder here so everything I have done to it is bolt on. Everything on the bike was scavenged from scrapped bikes around the plant exept the tank. I blasted everything and hit it with rattle bombs. I log a lot of miles on it and it rides like a dream.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Mungthetard

Mungthetard

0   0   0

I'd like a window seat please, like the bike salvage

5. yoothgeye

yoothgeye I <3 Single Speeds Moderator

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I have a small office in a church building. I'm the youth pastor. I have a monkey bike beside my desk but mainly just the children and youth ride it around the halls, I only ride it to prove to people that I can, otherwise I just walk around here. My longest walk is to the kitchen in the fellowship hall, but that usually has the greatest reward as I raid the fridge.

I've been a youth pastor since 2000 though this is the 4th church I've worked in.

I get to travel... well, I drive the church bus and take the kids on trips, sometimes I take bikes with me. I get to make lot of contacts and am given lots of free bikes.

Lots of people don't see youth pastors as having a "real job" and that's fine, most people don't "get" what I do anyway. It's a blessing, but it's also been the hardest job I've ever had in many ways.

6. goCRUISERgo

goCRUISERgo

0   0   0

Kinda funny.....you run overhead bridge cranes and I build them.

[​IMG]

7. udallcustombikes

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Somebody's been digging way back! I had forgotten about this thread. I'm still lifting airplane parts on the graveyard shift. Gotta love a job where everybody has to look up to you. :lol: