Hampton Cruiser ratty strandie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I finally finished this up today. It was thrown in on a deal when I bought some parts and a Dyno about a year ago. I thought it was an Earthcruiser, but later here got some good info here that ID'd it as a 91 Hampton Cruiser.
thumbnail.jpg

I never tried a 3 piece conversion crank bearing set, but I'm sold on them now, they improve the ride considerably. I stole the Sugino GP crankset off the wife's bike and put a new set of lesser value on hers, but brand new, so it's ok!
DSCI0001.JPG

I bought her bike just to get the Nexus 3 speed w coaster wheels and shifter. They went right on my bike as I hoped.

DSCI0033.JPG

She got the 1 speed wheel from the Dyno. Then I found her frame had a recall, so now she's riding with a new frame.
DSCI0010.JPG

I picked up a new front wheel and 2 tires from the bike shop along with slime tubes. They had the handlebars I wanted but I didn't want to spend 50 bucks on them. I was planning on waiting for a sale. I got tired of waiting and paid for them. The other shop gave us a front brake for the wife's bike so I bought one extra for mine.

DSCI0042.JPG

The new seat and bear claw pedals came in yesterday. The new seat went on the wife's bike and I got her old one, but it's just right for this bike that will see many miles. I'm leaving the paint just as it came from the junk pile. I took a test ride this morning before the rain and it's done and ready for many miles.

DSCI0045.JPG

DSCI0044.JPG

DSCI0043.JPG

Those were low cost from Niagara, the cranks along with the conversion for the crank bearings. They worked better on hers, cleared the full chain guard better.

• 1 x Sun Replacement Crankset for 2011 Cruz - 170 x 44, 1/8", Silver, less than 20 bucks.
  • 1 x Sunlite BB Conversion Kit, 122mm Spindle, just over 20 bucks.

Latest posts

Back