Guitar Players: Show us yours!

Discussion in 'THE OTHER TALK' started by jonvo4591, Jul 20, 2010.

1. GuitarlCarl

GuitarlCarl

Thanks. I've done all the work on my own and half a dozen friends guitars for quite some time. I also have worked for the local shop on the side here and there, helping out a good friend who was one of two brothers who owned the store. About a month ago he lost the fight with west nile virus. So now instead of just working to fill in while he recovered, I work a lot more. It's a bittersweet pill I've taken. My friend Dave was a great guy and the family business includes his wife and one of his sons, along with his brother, who are all my friends too. Their loss effected the whole community as Dave was involved in so many local activities. So yeah I love working on guitars. But I miss my friend and now I sit at his bench and humbly try to do the best I can to do him justice.

Carl.

OddJob likes this.
  2. deorman

deorman

Hey, did I do the first photo on this page? :grin: First thud box in 40 some years. Not the best of the best, but much nicer than the dried out kindling I had back then. Projects quite well when played grip and dig style. DSCN0129.JPG

Chad T, GuitarlCarl and RustyGold like this.
  3. GuitarlCarl

GuitarlCarl

Now I've got two guitar projects going!
    (and a new bike build on the way too...)
    One, I took in a set neck Epiphone LP with a broke headstock/neck and after bonding it back together I've started collecting parts for a "Jimmy Page switch conversion". Which also calls for new pickups since the stock ones were two wire. So all new controls & pickups and I may also try skinning the front of the body in a carbon fiber wrap. I'm planning on push/pull tone pots for the phase switching and miniature switches mounted under the edge of the pick guard for the coil taps. This will be an in "store demo" for the JP conversion at the shop I work at...
    Project Two is a new body for my Alvarez Tele, which is cracked down the middle. I have a LP jr body routed for Tele neck and hardware coming. It should turn out cool visually anyway because the Alvarez has a 3 on a side headstock which always looked weird to me on the Tele style body. Pictures soon...

Guitarl.

4. GuitarlCarl

GuitarlCarl

My Alvarez rebodied...
    I buried the neck pup under the pickguard, also has a 4 way pickup switch which adds a series wired sound to the 3 original options.[​IMG]

Carl.

Chad T and deorman like this.
  5. deorman

deorman

Picked up this old Kay and spent a few hours bedding the bridge and getting the action down. Sounds better than I though it would. :cool2:

DSCN0143.JPG

GuitarlCarl and Chad T like this.
  6. GuitarlCarl

GuitarlCarl

Nice. I like old Kay's, I have a dove copy newer than that. It's a tank but sounds full and with the added piezo and preamp it's even better. I'll have to get a picture...

Carl

deorman likes this.