Grimmrod, the lookfast cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to call this gofastcruiser, but the weight... Well it's a little chunky. It looks fast though, hence the name...

Anyway, i had this design on my mind for some time now, and finally decided to go for it.
Started this morning at 8:30 and couldn't stop till i really needed to get home at 16:30.
Anyway on to the pics.
The frame:
1308411061-picsay.jpg

1308411031-picsay.jpg

And with mockup wheels and (probably) temporary fork
1308411000-picsay.jpg

1308410951-picsay.jpg

It ll be a sporty ride, so the seat will be high and the bars low.
O, and the chainstays are wide, so i might just be making me nother 80mm rearwheel... Not sure yet.

Finally got around to choosing and ordering some parts.
Rims: 26" DHL65, sprayed red.
Tires: Whitewall Streethogs 26x2.35"

And i'm definitely going to alter the fork to a springer.

Colour of the frame is always hard. I guess i'm just going to stand in front of the spraycan rack at the store and ogle the colours a little, and then close my eyes and just randomly pick one :D

This bike has great lines,very cool build! :mrgreen:

i like it. it has a time warp feel to it.

like if you found the right two tone color scheme it would look like an art deco board tracker.

or if you found or made one of those old style bullet looking fairings, like you had found some really early f1 or gravity bike.

Very Cool Bike 8) ! Dig the fork. what did you use for springs? They kind'a look like valve springs. This bike is go'in to be Crazy fun to ride!

Heheheh, thats probably because they are valvesprings... :)
Its fun to ride. You really cant ride slowly, because you're so forward because of the length. And your feet are further back then on any bike ive ever ridden.
I'll probably take ik to work some time this week. See how it goes on a longer ride.
I dont like the look of the bars yet, so those might change.

Latest posts

Back