Gravedancer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is my entry for the 2012 RRB photo contest...
Gravedancer1_web.jpg

*Note: if I am lucky enough to be chosen, I have a large, high-res version. This is resized for web use

We had a blast with these pics! My wife was the photographer, and I was the "lighting engineer"...we didn't want to use flash, and I wanted a warm, yellowish look on the bike. We went out to a local cemetery and started shooting. I was hoping to get more headstones in the background, but the shots that had them were either too lit up, or the background was too cluttered. You can see one or two in the background in this shot, just enough to hint at the location.
I think we nailed the look I was going for with this shot, kind of like an old monster movie, but stripped way down...letting the bike tell the story.

Fun "accident", the red on the rear rim is from the bike's taillight...but the red glow on the chain ring is from my truck's taillights. I left it running to power the ground lights...kind of makes it look bloody or something. love it!

Latest posts

Back