Grandpa-RockHopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Icyuod2 thanks on that complement coming from you that means a lot. Thanks. Bettelguise I'm sticking with the 1930's mustache bar theme as those handle bars were my starting part.
Randy the brake cable sheath is just RG58 cable braid stripped off and slipped over the standard brake cable sheath. The bear traps or open pedals I think would look better also but I bought these and this is the only thing that has 9/16" so maby later unless I run into some cheap .

XC204 said:
Icyuod2 thanks on that complement coming from you that means a lot. Thanks.

ya gotta give credit, where credit is due. :) i really dig your attention to detail!

XC204 said:
Randy the brake cable sheath is just RG58 cable braid stripped off and slipped over the standard brake cable sheath. The bear traps or open pedals I think would look better also but I bought these and this is the only thing that has 9/16" so maybe later unless I run into some cheap .
Right on! :mrgreen:

Got the chain on, cork grips stained to match wood on carrier, bronze colored STX rear brake & cable. The chain line was dead on......Through no planning on my part...just dumb luck I figured I would have to cut spacers for the former 6 speed freewheel at least once. The To do list is:
1) taillight made out of my cool gift from Skipton, an equipment glass indicator lense. I am using one super bright spyder LED no flasher at this point due to time. It will mount in the back of the carrier.
2) a tool tube or box for the other frame mount dovetail. Or maybe a small flask.
The seat I'm not sure of. It goes well and is sprung but may look to modern. I wanted to build one but I'm running out of time I have a Mich. trip this weekend and Denver in two weeks so I'm going to have to wrap it up soon.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Shamed by a seat! got my taillight done thanks to Skipton and his light fingered Grandpa..how fitting.
The lighe consists of a glass jewel cut indicator lense fitted to an aluminum cable clamp nut, a center drilled 1/4-20 brass screw , 1 Spyder red LED, a Radio Shack 2 AAA bat box and switch. Some epoxy and some wire.
dscf2074s.jpg

By xc204
dscf2073j.jpg

By xc204

Shame on you guys! I got a seat on order..not that Brooks, and I think I will modify it when it gets here..go figure.

XC204 said:
Shame on you guys! I got a seat on order..not that Brooks, and I think I will modify it when it gets here..go figure.
It'll help the build :D It's a sweet bike man! It's worth poping for a nice saddle :)

Still waiting on a seat to finish and do photos My dead line is by Sat 17th and I'm In Colorado. Does any one have a Rideable Bicycle Replicas seat # 6221 the small antique style? I need a measurement spring center to spring center to see abiut fabing up a different spring setup. http://www.hiwheel.com/parts/index.htm#
Thanks Gary

XC204 said:
Still waiting on a seat to finish and do photos My dead line is by Sat 17th and I'm In Colorado. Does any one have a Rideable Bicycle Replicas seat # 6221 the small antique style? I need a measurement spring center to spring center to see abiut fabing up a different spring setup. http://www.hiwheel.com/parts/index.htm#
Thanks Gary
I bought one on ebay for $52 buy it now with free shipping...search leather saddles.

Got a few things done, a flask for the frame out of a can from American Science and Surplus $.50 soldered a dovetail mount to the can and painted. Silver lid didn't look good so Cu paint .Paint cost is killing me! Got the rack boards varnshed and also the grips thanks to T-B0ne for that sugestion. My seat is on the way! I emailed Tyler the owner of Luxlow.com about my personal deadline and he got it out right then. Nice guy invited me out to check out his setup when I'm in Denver week after this one. Can't wait to do the Wed. Denver Cruisers ride.
dscf2080r.jpg

By xc204
dscf2081g.jpg

By xc204
dscf2078u.jpg

By xc204

Latest posts

Back