Grand-Sons Western Flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since his older brother now has a 24" bike my youngest Grand-son has been wanting one. Got this from 65rat at yesterday's swap. Chainguard is the coolest. It's enclosed or whatever. Has a backside.
IMG_0102.JPG

Today I tore it down, did a little cleaning, greasing and put it back together sans fenders and with different wheels I had and balloon tires I got from 1018kustoms at the swap and a different seat I got from someone else the at the swap.
IMG_0107.JPG

The rear rack with Buffalo Bills sticker. I reshaped an old 26" fender brace to hold up the rack.
IMG_0110.JPG

Surprised the Grand-Son with it tonight. He thought it was pretty cool.
IMG_0130.JPG

I'm sure we're not done with it yet.
IMG_0135.JPG

Him and his brother.
IMG_0115.JPG

Cool! Love the way the rack hugs the back tire! Looks like one happy guy! Makes it all worth it, don't it? :)

Very Cool!!!!!!!!!!! 8) :mrgreen:

P1000419.JPG

I cut up another fender brace to make a rack brace and moved it to the side holes. I like the rack cantilevering over the supports. I then customized this reflector to plug the hole in the back of the rack.

P1000424.JPG

I told him we'd add a sticker to the rack like a previous owner had done.

I also put a taller sprocket on rear wheel so it spins a little easier for him.

Turned out great, he looks really cool on it to, I bet he was stoked. I have a 20" 66 Murray Wildcat that I did for my son in true cruiser style, looks pretty cool to, he's still a little to small to ride it though at 3.

Latest posts

Back