Got a freebie BMX and it is so .... cool

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
family friend gave me this bmx that he found in the trash!!!! I love this bike, got the tires pumped and rode it around (no brakes so old school foot on the rear wheel stopage).
I am going to keep it as is but grease everything.

null_zps6004cdc2.jpg

Re: Got a freebie BMX and it is so dang cool

Nice bike and awesome price !!! Personally I think I would have to ditch the white tire but other than that, looks good to go 8)

Rat Rod said:
The stem may be worth some coin...Tuff Neck...Pro Neck?
it is a tuff neck. I thought of using it on my RBBO8 bike but started riding the bike and decided not to touch it.

Looks like my Day Glo Huffy Pro Thunder build! :D

RailRider said:
Looks like my Day Glo Huffy Pro Thunder build! :D

That is freakin amazing!!!! I love the wheels on it.

Nice! All we find in the trash around here is old beach cruisers that look like they were used as speed bumps. Bent and broken! :D

Nice score, I am really enjoying my free BMX bike. Slap some tires on that thing and wheel on!

Your bike looks very similar to an Open Road early bmx bike I picked up a few weeks back. From what I heard Open Road was made by Huffy so it is possible that it is a Pro Thunder variant. I really only bought the bike for the Lester mags but I might bring it back to life with some modern sealed components.

Here are the cool Lester wheels I peeled off the Open Road. Lots of these Open Roads were sold with Lester mags wheels.

Latest posts

Back