Glider

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put on a wheel set with the forks, so that I can get the stance, and weld on the Michigan Built kickstand. This is an awesome wheel set, but not the one I'm using for this build.
IMG_6643.JPG

Looks great. Do you have any pics of the kickstand and info on the maker?

Looks great. Do you have any pics of the kickstand and info on the maker?

It's made by Tim Sanders of Michigan Built. Expensive, but very tough. I'll try to include a better shot of it with the next update.

It's made by Tim Sanders of Michigan Built. Expensive, but very tough. I'll try to include a better shot of it with the next update.
Tim is a great builder and everything he makes is bulletproof.

Carl.

I really love the flow of the cantis back to the that stinger rear end. I also really like how wide they are at the seattube . Beautiful build man!

After a visit to Mark at Sutter Street Cruisers, he helped me cut down and wire up my 3 speed shifter. I threw on the Vans grips, and I've now got a very rideable bike, even as there are still a few more details to work on.
IMG_6757.JPG

IMG_6758.JPG

IMG_6759.JPG

IMG_6760.JPG

IMG_6761.JPG

IMG_6762.JPG

IMG_6764.JPG

Frame by me. Seat direct from Ruff Cycles, Kickstand From Tim of Michigan Built, tires, grips, and shifter 8 ball from various sources. Most other parts (including wheel set) by Sutter Street Cruisers in Folsom, CA.

Still to go: The final set of bars, some cool fork leg caps I'm putting together, and some pin striping and other color touches.

All finished up, or at least 95% so. I'm missing one item, but hopefully I'll get that soon. Fabrication by me, many of the parts from Mark at Sutter Street Cruisers in Folsom, kickstand by Tim of Michigan Built, powder coated locally in gun metal grey, and pinstriped by Ray the Vulture. The vintage 7/8" motorcycle bars that I had re-chromed don't go back far enough for me, so they're a bit of a reach. Might go with a different set later.
IMG_6802.JPG

IMG_6803.JPG

IMG_6804.JPG

IMG_6805.JPG

IMG_6806.JPG

IMG_6807.JPG

IMG_6809.JPG

IMG_6810.JPG

Awesome build!

Why not to use longer bars? I think they would look nice with the lines of the frame.

I probably will do that at some point. I just hate to scrap these bars, since they cost me $100 to have them rechromed.

How do you like that Gotham light?

Latest posts

Back