Gazelle Cheetah ladies roadster New pic added

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just acquired a Gazelle Cheetah ladies single speed with a coaster brake. It is very similar to a Raleigh Sports but has a vinyl fully enclosed chaingaurd. Does anyone know how to date one of these or where I can find any information about them? I cant find anything on the net but maybe its cuz I dont know where to look. It has rear opening horizontal dropouts, Gazelles on the rear axle nuts, and the seat stays are bolt on both the top and bottom, rear hub says Sachs, torpedo, and some german word, and also says 28 and 36. it has 36 spoke wheels, that is a light on the rear fender, its wired through the fender and frame up to the front fork. Generator and front headlight is missing. The pump is a repop I had.

newcamera020.jpg

newcamera019.jpg

Re: Gazelle Cheetah ladies roadster Pics up

its a dutch bicycle brand that still exist http://www.gazelle.nl

looking at the model it is at least 25 years old i gues.
in the netherlands these bikes are know for good quality

I was able to get a better picture without the flash. Tire Valves are woods valves, once I tightened them up they hold air fine. I cleaned the bike down with a wet wipe and it rides really nice as is. The pump is a repop and I had the headlight from an old DBS bike. Its the closest thing I have to the correct original. Just need an old generator to wire it all up. Its one of the more unique bikes in my collection. Best of all, it was free.

009.jpg

Latest posts

Back