.................gator bait................(11-7)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
(this is a little project that im putting together over on bighits ugv website.the class is called "run whatcha brung", and it pretty much eliminates painting,plating etc. perfect for bolting together a patina style build. im also using this as an excuse to build a bike just for the photo contest! :lol: so far we got a mid 50`s cwc frame with a schwinn springer. the steering tube has been reversed to drop the front and achieve the right stance. old rusty mooneyes sprocket mounted on a ross crank and some w/w grand tycoons on some nicely aged wheels. this one will be bare and simple!
DSCN3971.jpg
DSCN3975.jpg
DSCN3978.jpg
DSCN3984.jpg
DSCN3986.jpg
DSCN3987.jpg
DSCN3981.jpg

Re: .................gator bait................

cool bike I need to go over an check in on bighits site its been a while

Sweet! :D That fork has a nice rake to it 8)

I have been watching this one on the dark side sweet build bro!

thanks for the comments guys! :D im having alot of fun digging thru parts looking for the truly nasty stuff. :lol: i opened up a storage container the other day and found a super straight but highly rusted and flaky rack. fits perfectly. i just have no rememberance of when or where i bought it! :lol:

Ok that's it I am making a drive down there. :mrgreen: does anyone know where I parked my truck

Re: .................gator bait................(10/21)

managed to get some work done on this dirty rat this afternoon,after a nice visit from my hero uncle stretch! :D fabbed up a bobbed fender out of half of an old higgins fender. mounted the crusty mystery rack on top of that and topped the rack off with an old red jewel reflector. took apart a tan persons saddle and topped it with a darker brown seat. mounted some nicely aged pedals and a vintage stem with some old newsboy bars topped off with brown hunt-wild grips. im waiting on an order of half links, so i can square up the rear wheel into the sweet spot. next up.....some kind of lighting! :wink:
DSCN3988.jpg
DSCN3997.jpg
DSCN3990.jpg
DSCN3998.jpg
DSCN4000.jpg
DSCN4001.jpg
DSCN4003.jpg
DSCN3993.jpg

Re: .................gator bait................(10-21)

Hero ha ha . That is funny. Enjoyed the visit. He has the parts. You could build lots of
bikes out of his stuff. Having bunches of parts to choose from is easy....Having the ability to choose which
ones makes a really cool bike is talent. This one sits really nice. Looking good. :wink:

Re: .................gator bait................(10-21)

There are not enough white bikes in the world. The rusty rims are perfect too.

not really too much of an update, just upgrading the rattiness factor. changed out tires and handlebars and hooked up the chain. threw an old vintage bell on it too. ive got 2 months to put a kickstand and some lights on it before the deadline on jan 6th. i think i can make that deadline! :lol:
DSCN4012.jpg
DSCN4022.jpg
DSCN4015.jpg
DSCN4024.jpg
DSCN4025.jpg
DSCN4028.jpg

Love this laid back build!!
The whole bike just looks like it leans back 15 degrees.

oh well......looks like i updated my build on ugv right before it folded up and disappeared! :shock: time to tear it apart.

Great looking bike, looks like we have some of the same taste. Check out my monark(long and low). Once again great looking bike.

Latest posts

Back